Need advice on specific Audio equiptment

Seems pretty darn expensive for 7-8 year old audio components imho, and that was a low end model to begin with. It doesn't have enough audio decoders built into it either.

There's nothing wrong with buying used components, you just have to know what to look for, and to know how to seperate the good from the bad. Otherwise for around that price, or even less, you can pick up a decent new receiver with everything onboard and a warranty.

Care to state the maximum you're willing to spend on the receiver, and what your primary uses would be (PC, music, home theater etc) ?

I'm not a huge audio guy so probably wouldn't spend over $150 to $200 on a receiver.

I would use it for movies and xbox360 gaming from my living room TV.

(To begin with I would probably only buy two good speakers for L and R and then a decent sub for base.)

Based upon other's experiences i probably would have recommended the Panasonic SA-XR55s since it's been reduced to $169, but they seem to have sold out everywhere. Otherwise you could try a refurbished SR304 receiver, or a newer model Yamaha or Pioneer receiver. That Onkyo receiver is also available in a more complete package here. Definitely try a search for "receiver" in this forum, or have a look here while you're deciding.

Back