Need Help Choosing Correct Cable For Slim Drive

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of putting a build together and I want to use this slim drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118058

Now finding this unit is not the problem. The problem I'm having is choosing the proper sata cable to use with it since its not included with the drive. From what I understand I need a 13 pin sata cable and not a standard sata cable to hook it up. At least the one buyer said on NE anyway. This is where I'm rather clueless since I've never used a slim drive before. I need help choosing the right cable for this drive. Its going in a Lian-Li V354 case so it needs to be around 12-18 inches in length I'm guessing. Can someone help me out getting the right cable, please? I would so much appreciate the help. :)

Judging from the picture and his comment - it would appear to be a sata cable that has both the power connection and data connection side by side. I think if you managed to squeeze a regular data cable and power cable into those connections it would work, but it probably wouldnt fit. Thats just my guess though. I would search monoprice and see if such a cable exists.

newegg has an adapter for about 10 bucks that is pretty descrete. I will link it when I get home tonight. I have used the same adapter on multiple builds now and its much cleaner then using any of the cables that make the change.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey thanks for that link, Bastage. I'll try it. I guess you just stick that adapter on the end and then connect it into the slim drive? That should be simple enough. Cool, now I can order my last component and get to building this rig of mine. Thanks, again! :)

Back