Need help to find an item! On the cheap!!!!

tylerdustin2008

[H]ard|Gawd
I am going to build a dual hard drive external enclosure. And have the usb to sata converters picked out. But I only need a 2 port usb hub, I can get a 4 port for $5, but can't get a 2 port for under $10.

Something like this: 2-Port Micro USB Hub.

These will be the converters: USB 2.0 To SATA Converter.

Any help guys? Oh and MonoPrice has nothing... :mad:

I do not like running 2 external hdds, in separate enclosures, just because of all the extra wires.

Thanks

Tyler

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So your gonna have 2 drives in 1 enclosure?

If so, AC Ryan already has something like it that appears as 2 drives or AC Ryan that appears as 1 drive.

Yea I know...

To much, and the cooling is not good enough for me. Mine will have great cooling, 500gbs get hot in a tight space.

You might try looking for an inexpensive thumb hub. They're designed for notebooks, and are pretty much a male usb plug, with a pair (or two pair) of female usb connectors (inputs), all molded together. Don't think you'll find it within your $10 limit, but you never know, right? :)

Hey! This is a modding forum section!! Why not buy a 4-port hub, and mod it to 2??? :rolleyes:

Well I found a 4 port hub... Here at my house. Just a simple little thing. I guess it will serve the purpose.

I would mod it and make it into a 2 port, but thats extra time. It will not been seen anyway, I just wanted to conserve space inside my enclosure.

I have the majority of the items ordered/on the way. But I need one more thing.

About 50 6-32's allen screws, about 3/8's long. Ebay has some, but they are to damn expensive.

Anyone know where to get some.

Oh and thanks for that suggestion thats what I was looking for last night, I knew I had saw one before. But Google had nothing for me.

heres an option. Take one of these and mod to a usb male cable such as this. Which this should work and it will only cost about $

heres an option. Take one of these and mod to a usb male cable such as this. Which this should work and it will only cost about $15 but it will require a little bit of soldiering. Hope this helps:D.

Did you check the local hardware store?

Not yet, as online it is usually cheaper. I need about 20-25, but extra is always nice.

And to Greg-O.

I might have to do that, I do have some spare usb cables, and some front panel connections from some cases.

ya no problem. and sorry for the double post my computer flipped out on me. Hit a wrong button or something.:confused::D

I was looking at those earlier, and was like YES! Then I though shit.. I am going to have to countersink them, not wanting to that because they will be going in acrylic. And I might fuc* it up by cracking it.

I am looking for something like this.

STR-YCS00-04-00_t.jpg

Back