need help : westinghouse LVM-37w3 or any 30+

diefathin

Weaksauce
37": Westinghouse LVM-37W3 1920x1080p (16:9)
Panel: CMO V370H1 (S-MVA 8-bit)
Response time (actual): Unknown (8 ms. g2g rating)
Specs: Westinghouse LVM-37W3

Price: ~$1300 USD

UltraSharp 3007WF
2560x1600 pixels resolution and 11 ms (gray-to-gray) response time1
Antiglare with hard-coating 3H for reducing eye strain
Wide viewing angles of 179° — both horizontal and vertical
Digital DVI-D, Analog inputs and 4 USB 2.0 ports
Integrated 9-in-2 multimedia card reader
Price: ~$1800 USD

beside the resolution, what is the different between those
Westinghouse is 37" and cherper
Dell is 30" and higher resolution

the video or movie what we usually use 1080i/p,
is it only the resolution different which cost $500 more

what else i have to pay attention????? :confused:

My guess would be the brand name. Reason I say that is because if you compared all the sizes of Dell's LCDs to other brands, you will see often that Dell's are way pricier. Sony is another big name that is more on the expensive side. Westinghouse has been around but haven't really had that high reputation until recently.

You highlighted your own answers in red. Besides Westy is a price leader with a lot of HDTV competition. How many 37" LCD montior/TVs are in the wild? A fucking LOT. Nearly every maker has one. How many 30" 2560*bajillion PC monitor's are there? The market for A far exceeds B. If you go to a forum like avsforums you will see 150 page + thread on them, and then 3 more 50 pagers.

I mean what's the point beyond professionals and guys with Quad SLI for the Dell? None. What's a better xbox360 monitor... the westy. What's better for watching football, prison break, etc etc. The same. Westy will achieve mass market prices awhole lot faster than something only a select few will buy.

Go with westinghouse they really have come out of nowhere with some high quality LCD displays. (i remember when they made "off brand" electronics in K-mart)

They aren't really comparable at all.

The Dell 3007WFP is a computer monitor ONLY, it only has a single dual-link dvi input and can't scale more than a handful of resolutions. Do not even consider this monitor if you want to hook anything but a computer up to it.

The Westinghouse however is designed to be used as an HDTV, it has multiple inputs and can scale various resolutions. It is also brighter and requires you to sit further way due to its larger pixel size. If you're going to be using this as a computer display you want to make sure you can place it far enough away from where you are sitting, the width of a normal desk may be too little for this large a screen.

Back