Need help with my next set of head phones

doug_7506

2[H]4U
Looking to get a good set of headphones to use at school, on the road, etc...

I currently have Bose QC3 that are a few years old. They sound great, but the requirement of having a battery always charged is a major pain. Especially on trips.

I will be adding a modmic to it. Will use it for Music at school/work, Movies on trips, and Games at home.

Noise cancelling is not a major concern. The bose i have work great for that and I have a pair of buds that came with my Z2 that work good at school.

So what i want? IDK really. I love the way my Bose Sound. I was going to get a pair of Audio Technia M50s but they had this echo that I found unappealing. However these were not broken in yet so Im not sure if that was the cause.

Budget under $150.
Must be closed
Would like them to be folding like the MD50s so they are somewhat portable.
Would like the 3.5mm plug to be small to work with the tiny ass holes in otterboxes

Maybes I'vs found:
HD-280s
M50s
Image One

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you can look at the Sony MDR-V6's or 7506 headphones.

I think something was wrong with the setup you tried the M50s on I have had mine since the beginning of December (using them mainly with a FiiO E07K / E9 combo) and they have been amazing and no echo problems at all.

Ill test them again

Simply just plugged them into my laptops.

Thanks for the tips

The issue is probably your laptops sound output. They normally are horrible sounding.

Try a small portable usb dac/amp by fiio like the e10 or e07k andes and see how the m50s sound.

I will say that the sennheiser hd-25 is pretty awesome for a closed portable.

I will say that the sennheiser hd-25 is pretty awesome for a closed portable.

That they are but the VModa M-80s are also pretty good to.
Especially for the $.

That they are but the VModa M-80s are also pretty good to.
Especially for the $.

Damn dude. First post here since 2007! Welcome back! Loved the amp I got from you.

Yeah VModa makes good kit. Can't go wrong with the M80 either.

Thanks for everyone's help. Decided to bite on a pair of M50s. I searched for hours and I could not find a single other complaint about echoing in M50s.

If the ordered pair turns out like crap. ill try the m80s

Back