Need help with Vista Ultimate 64-bit please

kam03

Weaksauce
I'm really confused with vista versions. I'm looking to buy vista ultimate 64-bit but which version? oem, retail or upgrade?

Does the oem version allow unlimited re-installation? if format my computer or upgrade my hardware, which i do every 6 months or so.

Thanks

To my understanding oem = tied to the motherboard, so when you upgrade you cannot, activate it. retail = unlimited reformat, and re-installed on one machine, including vm's. So either on one real or virtual machine. Upgrade only allows you to upgrade an existing xp or previous windows installation.

To my understanding oem = tied to the motherboard, so when you upgrade you cannot, activate it. retail = unlimited reformat, and re-installed on one machine, including vm's. So either on one real or virtual machine. Upgrade only allows you to upgrade an existing xp or previous windows installation.
Not true and I don't know why people keep stating this. You can activate it as much as you want. I've changed out my mobo and reactivated windows a dozen times with no problems. They only ask if you're using it on 1 computer.

Not true and I don't know why people keep stating this. You can activate it as much as you want. I've changed out my mobo and reactivated windows a dozen times with no problems. They only ask if you're using it on 1 computer.

In the XP EULA you were not acctually allowed to but MS did re-activate your copy of XP oem. According to the EULA you are not allowed, but we will never know until people can confirm or deny that MS is going to exempt people from doing this with vista.

Back