Need new Vid Card

discochan

[H]ard|Gawd
As you can see from my sig Ive been out of the game for a while. Recently my 1900xtx has been crashing or causing that VPU recovery thing to show up all the time when I play Fallout 3.

Now its happening to me when I play COD5.

Is it a game issue or is my GPU crapping out on me.

Also for $200 what do you guys think is the best vid card for gaming in that budget range.

Thanks

Nevermind. Hehe, I got it. Samsung 910T 19 1280 x 1024 res. Have you downloaded the GPU latest drivers? Check the GPU temps?

Ive downloaded the latest drivers and the temps are a little high but nothing out of the ordinary.

I even did the whole ffshow config for my codec pack that people told me to do.

I was actually looking at the new generation of ATI cards and they seem pretty nice.

This is overkill for your monitor, and your cpu/ram would bottleneck wayyy before this would, its only $225 AR ($240 normal) and would future proof you for a while.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801

The HD4870 1gb competes around/better than the GTX260 (216) and is a little cheaper, and once ATI gets their driver issues straightened out I would imagine even better performance.

I am thinking about ordering it in a few.

You definitely don't need the HD4870 or the GTX 260 for a 19 inch monitor.

The HD4850 is a cheaper alternative to the HD4870 -- they both use the same GPU, but the HD4870 uses the faster GDDR5 memory. As is the HD4870, the HD4850 is more than enough for most games on your monitor, but you could also use it on a 20 or a 22 inch monitor and still maintain some decent gaming performance (should you decide to upgrade the monitor at some point in the near future).

Pricewise, however, the 9800GT is the better "deal" for what you need.

I agree, just save your money and get the 9800GT, unless you really really really like the HD4850.

Hmmm....what size LCD do you have?

Nevermind. Hehe, I got it. Samsung 910T 19 1280 x 1024 res. Have you downloaded the GPU latest drivers? Check the GPU temps?

If you were to replace the video card with that setup with 19" lcd, I would go 9800GT for $115($20 MIR). Should give you a nice boost over that X1900XTX.

Let me re-introduce you to the edit button... :p Don't worry, he'll see it, no need to bump.

Thanks for all the help guys. I dont think Ill ever get any monitor bigger than a 19, but I think Ill go with the 4870 and just futureproof for a while.

Back