Need recommendations on s939 SFF mobo

Misadventure

Limp Gawd
Hi all, I have an antec aria that I am looking to upgrade to s939 as my old barton is just too slow nowadays. :)

can anyone recommend some nice s939 boards? AGP or PCIE doesnt matter, preferably 4x ram slot and 2x sata connectors but just post anything you know of if possible...

thank you!

current best is the biostar tforce 6100/410, but there are going to be better offerings by asus and gigabyte right around the corner (the 6150/430 combos). its pci-e, 4x ram slots, not sure how many connectors on the 6100/410 combo, but there should be 2 i think. theres more features in the 6150/430 combo tho, so id say to wait for those. and they look pretty promising for oc'ing, too. the biostar is stable @ 300 fsb(read the "biostar oc stories" thread if you want to know more), which isnt too shabby for a matx board, and has voltage adjustments and mem dividers etc.

The MSI with xpress 200... I played battlefield 2 with integrated graphics. Granted, now I have an x800PRO, but it was cool that I could at least do that. Amazing board though, I am super pleased with it. sATA, Dual Channel, PCI-E, firewire and usb 2.0 up the wazoo.

YellaT said:
The MSI with xpress 200... I played battlefield 2 with integrated graphics. Granted, now I have an x800PRO, but it was cool that I could at least do that. Amazing board though, I am super pleased with it. sATA, Dual Channel, PCI-E, firewire and usb 2.0 up the wazoo.

how is the bios? lots of ocing options, voltage adjustments etc? or pretty basic?

Heh, you sure bought that board fast! ;)

Ya the Biostar is fine. The only thing the ASUS or GigaByte boards are probably going to offer are better integrated graphics, 4 mem slots and somewhat better support... all of which you will pay extra for. Whoopitideedoo! Not something I would bother waiting for unless you are a slave to onboard graphics.

Now if DFI ever comes out with an overclocking version, that might be worth waiting, but I would not hold my breath.

YellaT said:
Although the MSI board is super-crap, there is something to be said for matching your integrated graphics solution with your video card.

XPress200 mobo + Radeon video card, or tForce mobo + nVidia video card.

Either option allows you to use the onboard video output at the same time as the video card outputs. Seeing as how pretty much all even-halfway-decent video cards nowadays have dual monitor support, that means you are set for 3 monitors (2 outputs on the video card + 1 on the mobo).

That doesn't work when you mix mobo and video card processor brands.

dfi is listed as one of the launch partners of the chipset, so im pretty sure they're making one. just when it'll come out, though... some people are guessing end of november, but no one really knows.

Back