Need some airflow help

SDMorris

Gawd
Hey everyone, I have been struggling to get the airflow of my case heading in the right direction lately. Here is the case:

P4260733-1.jpg

For now im only going to ask questions about the external fans (the ones that are blowing in or out) since I have my EVGA 790i Ultra, Patriot viper ram and Zalman 7900 CPU cooler coming tomorrow.

The two fans on the left side, should they be blowing in our out? The lower fan is directly above my 9800GTX, and the other one blows inwards towards my ram and CPU. Currently they are both blowing inwards. Although its hard to see, which way should my top fan be blowing?

One last question- What is a quality 120mm fan that i can put in the front behind the green LED? Thanks.

sides in, top out, front in, back out.

It could be argued about the lower side fan, it depends on where and how your video card exausts it heat. You said it is a little above the video card and thats a shame, if it was level or a little below it would be blowing cool air directly into the video cards cooling fans intake. But all the 9800GTX I have seen blow the exhaust out a rear slot so that makes the case for the lower fan to blow in.

Any good quality 120mm fan will do. I like high speed ones connected to a fan controller so you can balance noise vs airflow. I buy panaflows when I can find them. One of my favorite tricks is to take the "normal" 25cm thick (1 inch) fan from the rear and mount it in the front and then get a 38cm (1 1/2 inch) thick 120mm fan and mount it in the rear.

Yate Loons are good 120mm and extremely cheap. Just make sure to buy them from Petra's Tech Shop. Otherwise, go with either Scythe S-Flex or Noctua's for superior quality and warranty, but much higher price.

install higher cfm fans where you want to exhaust. the negative pressure will help draw more air into the case.

Thanks guys, you rock.

Bill, when taking a closer look it is pretty much level with the card. I just woke my comp up from being at idle and the card was 31c, its running at a steady 40c now.

I will look into all those fans, thanks.

Back