Need Some New Gear (Headphones, Reciever)

Oline61

Gawd
My old AIWA shelf system has finally pooped out, so I'm looking for a reciever to replace it. I will use the 2 speakers that came with the shelf system until my budget allows me to buy some new speakers (I want 5.1, but can't afford enough speaks yet). I already have a sub. The AIWAs are 3 way 6.5" woofer, I plan on buying similar speakers to replace them with at some point because they aren't exactly great sounding.

My price range on the reciever is <$200, I want at least 5.1 amplified channels (7.1 is not nessecary, but acceptable), 5.1ch analog inputs, coax digital input, essentially a good, cheap reciever. I'm not interested in big wattage numbers, just a solid amplifier. I plan on hooking it to the computer with coax digital (maybe 5.1 ch analog if I buy a soundcard, right now ALC850). Computer will be primary source, with tuner as secondary.

I'm also looking for a new pair of headphones. 50% music (rock/rap/country), 30% gaming, 20% movies. Price range from $25-$75.

Thanks for your help and time,
Oline61

Add the Beyerdynamic DT231 to your list of headphones to check out.
Can be found at headphone.com
They are in your price range.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll see if I can look up somewhere near here to try out a few of these phones.

Back