NeoPower 480W or NeoHE 550W?

extreme4377

Limp Gawd
If you had to pick, which would you get? Was the only problem with the NeoHE's the whole Asus incompatibility issue? Or are there other issues?

I RMA'd my HE. I have the latest revision of the A8N and I'm still having problems. I spoke with Antec and Asus CSRs today and neither had any clue what I was talking about. The antec rep told me not to get another HE, as it wouldn't be enough to power my x2 4400 and 7800 gt co.

frofan said:
I RMA'd my HE. I have the latest revision of the A8N and I'm still having problems. I spoke with Antec and Asus CSRs today and neither had any clue what I was talking about. The antec rep told me not to get another HE, as it wouldn't be enough to power my x2 4400 and 7800 gt co.

Unless your talking about the 380w, he was full of shit. Look at the shuttle people, some of them are powering a x2's, Sli'd GTX's, multiple Hdd's, 2 opticals and they oc on a 350w powersupply. The reccomended amount of power is usually almost always way over what it should be. 430, is enough for most people unless your running a power server.

I just placed my order for a NeoPower 480W. Should be shipped out tomorrow and arrive on Thursday from ZipZoomFly :D

frofan said:

Actually, the NeoHE is plenty enough to power such a rig. The troubles come when your rig uses an Asus A8N-SLI series motherboard.

frofan said:
Antec is saying that none of their Neo HE's is enough to power a highend SLI system???

IDIOTS!!! :eek:

E4g1e said:
Actually, the NeoHE is plenty enough to power such a rig. The troubles come when your rig uses an Asus A8N-SLI series motherboard.

I'm aware that this PSU has 36+ amps on the 12v, but was forced to RMA due to the problem with my board. I would also highly recommend that anyone with an A8N hold off on purchasing an HE. I'm not 100% sure that the problem is solved in rev 1.02 of the board.

I firmly stand by the neopower 480.

Recently I lost a leg of power for a few days due to hurracane... so my mains was running at half voltage. ~60-70v

the neopower kept my computer running 100% stable... no measurable voltage droop the entire time. I even did some fragging on the machine without a problem.

I fully recommend this powersupply.

davidhammock200 said:
Antec is saying that none of their Neo HE's is enough to power a highend SLI system???

IDIOTS!!! :eek:
id like Antec Rep to speak into this.......maybe he can speak with that rep he talked to who told him not to get another one.......because that just sounds like bad business.......or hes pulling our chain~

soulsaver

I'm trying to find out what's up with that. I know we sent the 500 and 550 to Nvidia to get certified. (I think we did get certified, but I have to get that confirmed)

I could come up with some choice words for my coworker but I'll let you guys do that.

AntecRep said:
I
I could come up with some choice words for my coworker but I'll let you guys do that.
haha no worries.......all places of work has random n00bs who dont know crap about the products they sell

thankfully enough [H] has a rep from all walks of the comp industry (including yourself thankfully)

btw.......i love my truepower 550 watt psu.......but upgraded and got an ocz powerstream....

when will you guys step into the modding arena and sleave all of your psu's? any thoughts/opinions?

soulsaver

soulsaver_8229 said:
when will you guys step into the modding arena and sleave all of your psu's? any thoughts/opinions?
It's not "modded" if it comes from the factory like that...

sleeved wires is huge for me; in fact, WAY bigger than modular (since 99% of connections are used anyway :rolleyes: ) in my budget rigs that I sell that I cant afford to use pcp&c in, I would love to use Antec, but I can't because the one major thing that all the customers want is sleeved wires. SO I have two choices; spend out the ass to get it done (no time to do it myself), or give the business to someone else.

ok, so some people are saying that HE's problem with the A8N was fixed, and some say they still have problems. an anyone confirm either way? im wanting to get a P150 (antecrep, any idea when these will actually be avaliable?) which comes with the HE 430, which has more power on the 12v than my neo480 does, so i was planning on using it... i have an a8n sli premium 1.02

lithium726 said:
ok, so some people are saying that HE's problem with the A8N was fixed, and some say they still have problems. an anyone confirm either way? im wanting to get a P150 (antecrep, any idea when these will actually be avaliable?) which comes with the HE 430, which has more power on the 12v than my neo480 does, so i was planning on using it... i have an a8n sli premium 1.02
The NeoPower 480W has a max combined of +12V@32A.

The Neo HE 430W also has a max combined of +12V@32A, however it is rated at 50C!

Neo 430W specs: http://www.antec.com/specs/NeoHE430_spe.html
(384W / 12V = 32A)

Dave ;)

Back