netbook battery

diarh34

Weaksauce
So I picked up one of those $228 emachine netbooks at walmart and after doing some looking around I notice they are the same as the Acer 250 netbook so that makes me wonder if I would be able to get the 6cell battery for it since it came with the 3cell. Does anyone know where I could get the 6cell battery from?

I got the emachine eM250-1162

well i have an acer d150 (same batteries) and i ordered a 6cell from a local computer store. it was friggin expensive ($125 cad) and im sure i could have gotten a much better deal online. im sure you can get them much cheaper online. just do a search for d250 6cell battery and youll get lots of hits. i have to say it was by far the best upgrade ive made to my little d150 so far.

CompUSA sells the 6-cell batteries that fit the Acer Aspire One AOA150, AOD150, and AOD250... At 'least locally they do (I think I saw them for about $60 or $65). I'd check their online store or TigerDirect. The one CompUSA sells is an official Acer accessory or w/e btw, warrantied by Acer etc... If it makes you feel any better than buying a 3rd party one online.

Edit: Weird, it's $70 at their site... $60 for an open-box. I'm positive it's less than that at the actual store... I bought one just to experiment w/my older AOA150 hoping I could get 6-8 hours out of it (like the AOD250 and AOD150 do, and as the box claims) but I was still getting the same 4-5 hours I've always gotten out of the 6-cell battery that came with it, so I returned it. I definitely paid less than $70 including tax tho. Link:

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4952337&CatId=2623

Newegg has the Aspire one 6 cell 5200 MAH for th A0d250 for 74.99 Free Shipping. I bought one, Fit my Walmart E machines EM 250 perfectly.It is a Aspire one D250 rebranded. roughly 6-7 hours battery life with 2 gb ram and Kingston SSDNOW 64GB.

What was your battery life like before the SSD upgrade? I'm upgrading my netbook to a 40GB X25-V this week, not hoping for any miracles but if battery life does improve ('specially when having tons of tabs/windows open) then I'll be pleasantly surprised. I got the SSD first and foremost for ruggedness and performance (while multi tasking and booting/hibernating).

Back