Netbook for School

monk3y

Limp Gawd
I have decided to get a netbook for taking notes in a few of my classes and I am having a hard time deciding on one, My budget is $400, it needs to have at least 4 hours of battery life. Right now I am looking at the leveno s10 and the asus 1005ha, is there something else that might be better suited?

There are a lot of options...it may not be important to some but I like my Samsung NC10 for its lack of glossy surfaces and matte screen. There is a seller on eBay that has refurb NC10s for under $350.

It appears the 1005ha gets excellent battery life.

I am hoping to stay away from used laptops as they always seem to die on me

I love my S10 (I grabbed extra RAM for it and installed Windows 7). The 6 cell should definitely be fine for more than 4 hours, especially since you're mainly just typing. Screen is great, keyboard is great (please note that the numbers are shifted slightly to the left, and the tilde is higher up), performance is great in Windows 7....what else....

Unfortunately I'm not sure what else I can say unless you have any questions in particular?

Is there any reason the Asus 1005ha would be a bad choice as apposed the Leveno s10, I am seeing that the asus gets a 10.5 hour battery life.

Is there any reason the Asus 1005ha would be a bad choice as apposed the Leveno s10, I am seeing that the asus gets a 10.5 hour battery life.

To be frank, nothing that wouldn't already be noted in the reviews. I would definitely caution that you aren't going to see 10 hours in real life....

I know it wont actually be 10 hours, but it should be higher then the s10 right?

I know it wont actually be 10 hours, but it should be higher then the s10 right?

all i can say is google for reviews, compare the hardware specs. see if you can find places testing the 6 cell S10-2 and Asus, who at least use the same methodology. Laptopmag may have reviewed both.

Back