Netbook review sites

ohgeetee

n00b
I am having a hell of a time filtering through netbook review sites. I'm looking for a site that does reviews similar to the HardOCP comparisons, not just snippets from manufacturers sites. Most that come up seem to be dummy sites that are just link aggregates or ad pages.

Any recommendations?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the ASUS 1005HA, but I'd like to get a little more info before going for it. If anyone has any input on that choice vs the others that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.

1005HA is a great netbook. I've heard nothing but good things about it. A couple of my friends own and love it.

Unless you need it right now, I would wait until next month when all the new Pinetrail netbooks come out. It will either 1) get you much longer battery life for the same price or 2) get you a much cheaper N270 netbook.

I have the 1005HA (posting from it). The keyboard is better than the 900 series, that's or sure, but still a little small to me. It was also a patch-fest afterwards (windows update, and that Asus LiveUpdate, whatever the hell that is)...but I've been pleased with it's performance thus far.

For me, it's a good laptop replacement.

If you are still looking for a review site, I would recommend http://www.notebookcheck.net/ and also to wait till after CES if you can, since there will be new products hitting shelves that you might find yourself happier with.

Back