Netflix and two 360

kilik64

Limp Gawd
Moving to a new house in the next month. Have a downstairs tv and another one that will be upstairs. Plan to get a second 360 to use downstairs.

My question is can my netflix account work on both? It's just tied to your gold live id right?

yes, tied to the ID. You cannot however use them both at the same time.

Just put your gold account and the Netflix app on a memory card and switch it between the two consoles.

Hope this will explain.
This is from Netflix website

You may watch instantly on up to 6 unique devices: Including personal computers and Netflix ready devices. You may also use this page to manually de-register devices you no longer wish to use for watching instantly. A deactivated device can be reactivated later if you wish to resume using it.

I have my Netflix account setup on my 360, my computer, my cousins 360, and my friends 360. No issues at all. It's not necessarily tied to the 360 gold account but the main Netflix account (whomever pays for it.)

yes, tied to the ID. You cannot however use them both at the same time.

Actually it depends on your plan, go read the FAQs on netflix site. If you have a 2 out at a time plan then you can use 2 devices at the same time, if you have the 3 out at a time plan you can watch on 3 at a time and so on....

Even if thats the case, you couldnt do it on two 360 unless you have TWO gold accounts right? Have to have a gold account for netflix to work. I wouldnt really need to watch on both at the same time anyways.

According to the mutliple devices, i could use a 360 and my laptop and watch stuff at the same time, which is pretty cool they let you do that. However if you gotta have gold for it to work on the 360, kinda makes it silly to set up to watch on two at the same time.

You're probably better off just getting a roku box instead of a 360 for the 2nd location. No Live required and built in wifi.

True but the 360 can play games ;-)

I will also use it to stream downloaded videos as well, they work great for that too.

On a side note, is the media remote for the 360 any good? I dont mind using the controller at all but it is kind of annoying that it shuts off and you have to wait to turn it on if you really need to pause or whatever. The remote the same way?

The remote doesn't need to be turned off and on like the controller so it is pretty nice. It works fine. i have had it since I got my xbox a few years ago and haven't had any problems with it.

I like my media remote, the only problem I have with it is the IR sensor on the xbox 360 dont seem to pick up well at all from an angle, prety much have to be in a straight line with it for the remote to work.

Are you getting the second 360 more for games or more for use as a media device? If you're getting it mostly just for use as a media device then you might want to consider something like a Roku box instead, and save yourself the trouble with XBL.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes you can use multiple 360s on the same netflix account as stated above. What I am trying to figure out is if you need to have 2 different gold accounts. I like to game upstairs while others may want to watch a movie downstairs. Im pretty sure netflix is only available to gold subscribers so I dont know if we could play and watch in unison. Anybody?

you have to be a gold member to subscribe to netflix?

Actually it depends on your plan, go read the FAQs on netflix site. If you have a 2 out at a time plan then you can use 2 devices at the same time, if you have the 3 out at a time plan you can watch on 3 at a time and so on....

He asked about xbox, and you can't be signed into the same profile on live, so like the other guy said, he would need two xboxes and two live accounts to do what you are suggesting, which is what I was responding to.

Back