New Asus VW246H looks different from older one

Lyrids

Limp Gawd
I've been using an Asus VW246H monitor for about eight months and snagged another last week while it was on sale. I have the two side by side and have noticed there is a considerable difference in appearance between the two. Both monitors have been reset to factory settings through the OSD.

The newer monitor appears brighter, with richer darks and a cooler overall appearance. The older monitor looks washed out and warmer in comparison; whites have a red hue and blacks aren't as deep. I prefer the appearance of the newer monitor and would like them to compliment rather than contrast one another.

Does anyone have any experience with similar problems when using two monitors of the same model?

Not so much experience as having read about it. As time passes, monitor assemblers/manufacturers sometimes substitute parts depending on what's available to them. This includes panels, videoboards, and possibly the firmweare on the videboards. The substitutions/revisions aren't always noted either.

I don't believe that Asus sources nor assembles the components, i think another company may do it for them, but i could be wrong.

Back