New build with Corsair 600t...fans are loud

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
I just completed a new build with the Corsair 600t. The 200mm fans are LOUD compared to all the nine 120mms I had in my CM Stacker. Even when they are running at low speed they are loud (and also make a buzzing sound).

Is there any way I can make them quiet? If not, what is the best replacement to get for them? I was looking at this fan because I read that it was a good quiet replacement.

i think the buzzing sound is a defect in some of their 200mm fans. i have the Corsair 600T too, and while the front 200mm fan does not buzz and is virtually silent at low rpms, the top 200mm fan had the buzzing sound. so i replaced it with this 200mm Xigmatek fan, which i've had great experiences w/ in the past. the only downside is that its LEDs can't be turned off. on mine, i just cut the wires going to the LEDs, knowing that i'll never try to resell this fan. while i don't know the exact bearing specs, it does not buzz at low rpms, and it has no more of a low-pitch hum than any other large fan out there (which is only audible when your ear is within a few inches of the fan, which is most likely never).

Back