New CM Stacker is comming out.

How is that any different than a regular stacker?

DOesn't really matter though, I'm waiting for this stacker to come out in October.

SarverSystems said:

DOesn't really matter though, I'm waiting for this stacker to come out in October.

It has 2x 120mm fans in the back as exhaust :drools:

I will prolly be getting one.

I don't like that door on the one you linked...I don't like doors on my case...but, to each his own :p

Thats once thing I never liked about my Stacker...
Only has 1 120mm Exhaust on the back and 2 x 80mm at the back bottom.

I would much rather have 2 120mm's

SarverSystems said:

this got to be the best CM stacker i've seen so far :D

i went w/ P180, but when this comes out, bye bye P180 :D

SarverSystems said:

Ewww, the door kills that one. And the other one looks exactly like mine but has an extra fan. Wow, I don't think I'll make the plunge.

I think thats the BTX version will it still take an ATX?

I'm sorry don't stone me...but I've never been a big fan of the stacker, it just seems so I don't know repetitive... lol

*sigh* okay throw your stones

they didnt redesign it so current stacker owners would run out and upgrade, they just realized that most ppl put their psu on the bottom and ppl would rather have an extra 120 on there than 2 80s....

Excuse me if i'm a n00b when it comes to CM Stackers, but wouldn't 4 mobos in one case along with all their drives and accessories require a ton of power? Wouldn't you need at least 2 high power supplies? I only see space in there for 1 PSU unless you did a little modding.

brionbastian said:
Excuse me if i'm a n00b when it comes to CM Stackers, but wouldn't 4 mobos in one case along with all their drives and accessories require a ton of power? Wouldn't you need at least 2 high power supplies? I only see space in there for 1 PSU unless you did a little modding.
what?

where are you reading "4 mobos" ?

:confused:

It would be pretty sweet to have a case that size, that could house that many mobos and power supplies.

oh sorry, i didn't realize it was one 4-CPU mobo. I did think the 4 mobos were pretty close together. I wonder how much power that would take. I'd imagine you'd need at least 600W just to run the cpu's and a few HDDs and optical drives.

I understood that it could handle 4 different form factors, what threw me off was the pic of the case with 4 CPU sockets. That made me think it could hold 4 mobos. I'd never seen a 4-CPU mobo before.

Wonder what a mobo with 4 P4 D840EE's would do for folding? 16 cores!! :eek:

8 intakes and 2 exhasts?? trying to create a mini tornado in the case? lol

About that door on the new one, I believe I remeber reading that it will be removable for those that dont want it there.

SarverSystems said:
Removable and reversible.

Its a very awesome case.
ton of fans,
removable door
more than enough space for watercooling
And I even read that if you pour lambs blood on it and kill your first born son, it will give you super human powers!
:D

brionbastian said:
I understood that it could handle 4 different form factors, what threw me off was the pic of the case with 4 CPU sockets. That made me think it could hold 4 mobos. I'd never seen a 4-CPU mobo before.

Wonder what a mobo with 4 P4 D840EE's would do for folding? 16 cores!! :eek:
Only Xeons do MP stuff.

Like this:

quadxeon.jpg

Anyway, this new Stacker looks hot hot hot.

This case is pretty much useless unless you're dealing with top notch servers. For home-users, gamers etc. I would get the current STC-T01 and heavily mod it.

BTW, that new futuristic "Stacker" looks awful.

SarverSystems said:

Its different in that it doesn't support dual PSU's. That's why they were able to make room for another 120mm fan.

That other new Stacker they've got comming out with the door on it is just fugly. I can't stand it. I wish case makers would STOP putting doors on PC cases. I find them to be inconvenient and annoying. Plus the Stacker has fairly clean lines. That new one is way to busy.

EnderW said:
I'll stick with my P180, thanks

The P180 is sweet. But for those of us with huge motherboards of the dual CPU variety the P180 is right out. The Stacker is one of the only off the shelf cases you can walk into a store and buy that will fit E-ATX motherboards.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Its different in that it doesn't support dual PSU's. That's why they were able to make room for another 120mm fan.

Doesn't really matter anyway, as 2 good 80mm fans will pretty much equal or even overcome one single good 120mm fans in terms of performance. The two 8cm's will only be louder, but I don't care about that anyway (Plus, STC-T01 has a superb cooling array out-of-the-box, I will make it perfect after my modding will be done). :cool:

Sir-Fragalot said:
That other new Stacker they've got comming out with the door on it is just fugly. I can't stand it. I wish case makers would STOP putting doors on PC cases. I find them to be inconvenient and annoying. Plus the Stacker has fairly clean lines. That new one is way to busy.

Big ditto on that.

Back