Cheaper G9 with a G5ish shape.

Another headset.

Are they out of ideas?

Detachable cord.
Thinner cord.
[/B]etter mouse with no cord.
More G9 grips.
Better switches in their keyboards.

Or they could just stop peddling 10 bullshit products for every 1 good product on their home page...

Last edited:
3 side buttons? What I always wanted in a mouse. I applaud them!

no not being sarcastic....

I've always like the shape of the MX500 through G7 logitech mice. I didn't upgrade to the G9 from my G5 for that reason. I'll have to check one of these out.

Finally, they put out a headset that has both USB and 3.5mm jacks. I passed up on the G35 because it was only USB AND relied on drivers for everything. Glad to see they're not making the same mistake again, even in a lower-end product. Now, this or that Razer set...

It seems like a logical evolution from the G5. I will consider buying one when they get a bit cheaper.

I am sorry but if you are using headphones by logitech you are missing out on good sound. Sennheiser all the way.

I will be buying the G500. I almost bought a G9 if it werent for the many reviews saying its uncomfortable. Also, I am still using a MX510 :p

I will probably try it. I hope that Logitech has decided to do better QA with their products. I hate any mouse that I can turn upside down and if the buttons are solid and don't have any extra movement in them then I'm good to go. I guess I'm just too frikin peculiar, but I hate mouse that don't have solid clicks with extra button movement. :eek:

I've always liked the G5, but i've had two die on me. (RMA'ed btw, logitech has good CS).

Hopefully, they've ironed out these issues with the G500.

I am sorry but if you are using headphones by logitech you are missing out on good sound. Sennheiser all the way.

This.

I've had a pair of gaming headphones from Sennheiser for years now, it's 2 audio jacks with a USB dongle that can plug onto the end and turn it into a USB headset which does not require any drivers or configuration in any version of windows available (including win7), nor does it require a soundcard installed, you can plug these headphones into any PC with a USB port and get good quality sound :)

This.

I've had a pair of gaming headphones from Sennheiser for years now, it's 2 audio jacks with a USB dongle that can plug onto the end and turn it into a USB headset which does not require any drivers or configuration in any version of windows available (including win7), nor does it require a soundcard installed, you can plug these headphones into any PC with a USB port and get good quality sound :)

Wow dude I use the same headset and havebeen for years now as well. They are the PC 165's if I remember correctly. I love em.

Am I the only one who thinks the side buttons on the mouse look too small? Look at the guys thumb. He could cover both at the same time.

G500 looks superb, 3 side button, high dpi, great silver look. I want one

Am I the only one who thinks the side buttons on the mouse look too small? Look at the guys thumb. He could cover both at the same time.

I am sure the size hasn't changed from the G5 and they were fine for me.

I could post a comparison shot (at work - g5 home) but it's slightly hard to tell. The back button is differently smaller on this G500 and they are spaced a bit.

Interesting to see how it will work

It is shaped slightly differently from the G5/MX500. The thumb cutout is deeper and juts out further to the left side and the mouse becomes slightly thinner at the back.

G5:
top.jpg

G500:
14637.1.0.jpg

Thanks for the side pictures. It does look like you will have to move your thumb a bit more back and front to press the buttons. My brother in-law works for Logitech (Packaging Engineer) and he said that he would try to get one for me to try out. Can't wait....:D

This is really nothing more than a replacement of the old G5. I don't see any reason to "upgrade" since I already have a second gen (blue) G5 right now.

And both USB and 3.5mm jack is nothing new. My 6 year-old sennheiser "gaming" headset has it, and it's not software also. There's a actual DAC along the cord where 3.5mm connects to and change into USB interface. The G330 look like those cheap headsets with a "cooler" look.

Back on the subject of my Sennheiser headset for a second. What i always found funny about this headset is how using the usb instead of direct intot he onboard sound on my last 2 systems has always sounded better to me. I started using usb because of ease of use and not having ot worry about a seperate sound card etc. However, I have on occasion plugged the headset into the onboard sound on both this rig and my old one (bth use realtech onboard audio) and every time I go back to the USB. It is clearer and louder on the usb using the built on dac than the sedicated onboard sound. Maybe it's just the shitty realtec sound and maybe a dedicated sound card would sound better;but none the less I always laughed about it.

meh cabled mice are so 90's :p

mx revolution will be hard for me to replace

Still lovin' my MX518. Not sure who designs the patterns for Logitech mice, but they're a bit odd. Luckily my hand is always on it so I don't see the dumb "dents" in mine.

I gotta tell you guys if you can afford a decent pair of Sennheisers like the 590 or the 600 oh man are they sweet. Not all games have sound that are worth the investment but a few do, like Crysis, some of the Unreal Engine games, ect.

Anybody find Logitech to have acceptable sound quality?

I gotta tell you guys if you can afford a decent pair of Sennheisers like the 590 or the 600 oh man are they sweet. Not all games have sound that are worth the investment but a few do, like Crysis, some of the Unreal Engine games, ect.

Anybody find Logitech to have acceptable sound quality?

Comparing shitty $50 headphones to HD600s or DT880s just isn't fair. They're on different levels. The HD600s are above the 300 USD mark...and require an amp to sound decent. They aren't aimed at the normal user....they're meant for people with golden ears. So comparing them isn't really that useful.

Comparing shitty $50 headphones to HD600s or DT880s just isn't fair. They're on different levels. The HD600s are above the 300 USD mark...and require an amp to sound decent. They aren't aimed at the normal user....they're meant for people with golden ears. So comparing them isn't really that useful.

I know, you are right. Sorry about being off topic. The point I was making is that it seems like the audio is an afterthought for some people. Better headphones are worth investigating. I think you can probably find better headphones at the $50 price point as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1249732819&sr=8-1

This is definitely in the same class as the G330. Of course the USB version will cost a bit more. I can't really see how G330 could qualify itself as "gaming" headset. With speaker so close to the ears, soundstage is near non-existence. As much as I like Logitech gadgets, the G gaming line is more gimmicky marketing than actual usefulness.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So, how well does the MicroGear scroll wheel work? I remember picking up a first-gen G5 and the tilt wheel really annoyed me over the standard one in the MX518 - mainly because I had to press rather hard to use it as a button which often caused it to tilt. There was also an issue with inaccurate vertical scrolling, but I might have had a bad wheel.

Back