New Mac Clone Company Set to Debut Product on June 1

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
We’re all familiar with Psystar, the company trying to sell a Mac-clone that is heavily embattled with Apple. You may not be so familiar with Quo Computer, another company that wants to sell their own Mac-clones. They plan on opening a B&M store in the Los Angeles, CA area on June 1st and will also sell their systems online. Hope they have a good legal team.

"[Apple] probably will (sue us)," [company founder Rashantha] De Silva said. "There are others doing this, but we have a different attitude. There are thousands of people in the 'Hackintosh' market, but many of them are creating bad products. I don't think anyone wins in that environment."

"[Apple] probably will (sue us)," [company founder Rashantha] De Silva said."
Helllllo Captain Obvious! OK, that totally made my week, I was laughing *that* hard at that overly obvious statement. Might even be sig worthy!

wonder if this is phase 2 in the backend of Pystar true owners seeing how far this will go...

Apple has an OS that runs on a particular configuration of "PC" hardware.

This company decides to build that configuration, so they can sell it along with the Apple OS as an Apple workalike.

Apple complains and takes ANY action to interfere.

Apple gets fucked in the ass for blatent Antitrust violations.

So, bring it on Stevie.

Apple has an OS that runs on a particular configuration of "PC" hardware.

This company decides to build that configuration, so they can sell it along with the Apple OS as an Apple workalike.

Apple complains and takes ANY action to interfere.

Apple gets fucked in the ass for blatent Antitrust violations.

So, bring it on Stevie.

Could be true, however it could very well be Apple can convince a court/jury into saying that they are in fact infringing on Apples IP. Our legal system can be manipulated pretty well if you have shit loads of cash for lots of good lawyers. :)

Also just straight out dragging litigation out so long that it bankrupts the smaller guy.

I like their website. Their little tag line is practically unreadable, and the only link on the page links to #, or in other words, to the top of the same page. Brilliant!

Still, the logo works, and it's a pretty next gen-y name: Quo. That's a good start, I guess.

If they open up their store on Monday, I'll take a drive down there and do a little recon. Couldn't hurt.

I like their website. Their little tag line is practically unreadable, and the only link on the page links to #, or in other words, to the top of the same page. Brilliant!

Still, the logo works, and it's a pretty next gen-y name: Quo. That's a good start, I guess.

If they open up their store on Monday, I'll take a drive down there and do a little recon. Couldn't hurt.

sounds like an [H] meetup to me. im down. im in orange county and off on monday

What is it with these people? Do they honestly just think they are going to make Mac clones and ride of into the sunset? Plus, why would anyone pay for a machine that may or may not support the OS that it runs?

This stuff makes no sense. Thank god I'm not a Mactard.

Bah...

I remember the last time there were legally Mac clones. The clones ended up being cheaper, and better, than the Apple product, and Apple then terminates the licensing.

Radius made a very nice Mac clone back in the days...

running late today, looks like i wont make it. hopefully someone else went today and can share with us. with gas going up i dont wanna roll down there if it really sucks lol.

they havent updated their website at all either kind of looks bad for their launch in my eyes.

I'll drop in on my way home from work. Given how the rest of that area is, I'm fairly sure it's going to suck, but we'll see.

Alhambra!...oh hell no. I'm Vietnamese and let me tell you; that place is crawling with orientals. This must be a Chinese company, 'cos no self respecting white person would open shop in Alhambra.

looks like their website is up finally.

protip:

dont try to reinvent website navigation and forget to tell anyone about it. people just might have trouble navigating your site because of it.

Alhambra!...oh hell no. I'm Vietnamese and let me tell you; that place is crawling with orientals. This must be a Chinese company, 'cos no self respecting white person would open shop in Alhambra.

No actually. I met Rashantha De Silva at a Fry's once: He's black actually.

It's a shame they don't seem to carry any laptops. If they had something that was competitive to the Macbook and Macbook Pro at a decent price I bet they could probably sell it pretty easily.

looks like their website is up finally.

protip:

dont try to reinvent website navigation and forget to tell anyone about it. people just might have trouble navigating your site because of it.

+1

The site is utterly useless! Incomprehensible! What the hell is wrong with having scroll bars and links?

Dunno bout you guys, but the website works fine here on latest FF.

Dunno bout you guys, but the website works fine here on latest FF.

Actually did you just load it and assume it works or actually look at it??? It's like the page scrolls off the bottom, but they've got scrollbars disabled. Same off to the right.

Actually did you just load it and assume it works or actually look at it??? It's like the page scrolls off the bottom, but they've got scrollbars disabled. Same off to the right.

Yes, I checked that it worked. You're not supposed to scroll using scrollbars. Click on the "window" on the topright corner of the page to scroll to the different "sections".

Bad design? Yes. Broken? No.

Yes, I checked that it worked. You're not supposed to scroll using scrollbars. Click on the "window" on the topright corner of the page to scroll to the different "sections".

Bad design? Yes. Broken? No.

Ahhh I see...

The question now is then what web designer do we need to fire?

Back