new radeon, black screen flash after booting

poopy

Limp Gawd
I recently got a radeon hd 6770 and installed 11.8 drivers with catalyst control center. I had an nvidia card prior to this, so this is my first time dealing with amd's stuff. About 1 minute after the desktop loads from booting up, my display will go black for about 1 second. It may not seem like much, but it is quite annoying to deal with. Every time it happens I think, "Oh no, the computer crashed!" Any ideas how to fix this?

Sounds strange,but if it only happens one time after a reboot it could just be something starting up.I would personally not worry about it,you could also try and change this setting in the control center.

Open the control center,select my digital flat panels,select properties and then check the box that says reduce dvi frequencies on high resolution displays and see if that helps.

that is assuming you have a flat panel at a decent resolution.

Doesn't this have something to do with microsoft's multimonitor service, I remember reading about that here few months back. Did a quick Google search n someone mentioned it was addressed in SP1 for Win7

Last edited:
Back