NEW Sound Blaster Axx...uhh...what is this thing?

After looking at that page and not really understanding what the Axx is, I checked it out on Google, and it looks like each of those cylinder tower things contains two speakers and two microphones. So it's basically a stereo speaker system that you can talk into. It seems like kind of a cool idea, but for some reason I get the feeling the performance isn't going to be good.

So it's another dumb speaker / telecommunications device. Thanks SoundBlaster, for continuing this trend of hardware that's good at nothing, terrible at everything. I bet it'll be $300, too.

Apparently they'll be priced from $100-$200 depending on the model. And yeah, I agree with your guess that it's going to fall into the category of "it can do everything, badly."

Creative just continues to drive their reputation into the ground, somehow Im not surprised by this

I use my Ionic breeze seldom but it works!!! This might purify the air as well?

Wow, that guy in the video is annoying, I watched the whole thing wanting to shout "shut the F**** up" at him.

Hmm, it does USB or BT, didn't see any mention of apt-X or a similar high end streaming codec tho so it probably uses bog standard SBC over A2DP when streaming thru BT... Which can lead to latency or just very compressed range, then again with that speaker it probably doesn't really matter. I think it has it's uses to be honest (for people who don't care too much about quality anyway), but it's kinda overpriced if it sells for anything beyond $100... I figure $30 for BT functionality, $60 for crap speakers, $10 for whatever else phone control functionality they crammed in, maybe $150 if it has a decent mic array.

Back