New sound card

tcompton2

Limp Gawd
Ok i have a creative 5.1 gamer now, are there any sound cards out now that would make a noticable difference in sound if i were to get a new 2.1 sound system.

I currently have a cambridge sounworks 5.1 system but i dont know if they are just worn out, or were never good to begin with but the sound jus isnt cutting it...

To me 2.1 systems have sounded better.:rolleyes:

You mean like a good 2.1 system? The Sound Blaster Live! will not sound as good as you might like. Consider the Audigy 2 ZS, Audigy LS, or Revolution 7.1 instead...depends on your budget and needs.

Yea but will a 2.1 system really take advantage of that kind of sound card? I mean if im not getting a 5.1 or higher system, no sense in getting a 7.1 decocded sound card right?

I didn't list those soundcards for their 7.1 support. I listed them for their superior analog and digital outputs. They have good DACs, good opamps, good board design, etc. A good set of 2.1 speakers will definitely take advantage of the superior sound.

Sound quality is not dependent so much on the number of channels as it is on the design of the speakers themselves. A cheap crappy 5.1 system will obviously sound much worse than a quality 2.1. Don't expect good sound JUST because it's 5.1, that's just falling for marketing.

Back