New York Wants To Tax Music Downloads

Sounds like something a democrat would do. Hmm... I wonder what Obama is going to do while he's in office.... but people keep voting for these idiots who want to increase budgets before decreasing spending. I just don't understand Americans anymore.

+ 001

First rule of government spending: spend all you have and ask for more.

Spending cuts never happen because each department in any part of the country knows if they cut their spending, they will get rewarded with less money next year. Nixon already tried this.

Is anyone really surprised? Its New York.

Yah that tax on non diet is gay, I am allergic to artificial sweeteners and am skinny....

Really? because that also meant that they have 20 million less PAYING taxes.

What do you consider complicated infrastructure? Utah has one if the best public transportation west of the Mississippi, as well as a great commerce and attraction to businesses.

I just dont buy that excuse, sorry. I am not saying that Utah should be a straight across the board comparison, just saying that somewhere there is some bunk spending/regulations in NY.

BTW students here ride public transit for free :) even part time ones

Nope. In NYC, you have about 10 million people paying taxes, 8 million illegals who pay no income taxes, 1 million on welfare and 1 million jipping the system.

So, basically you have 10 million people paying for the infrastructure while 20 million milk it.

What a total idiot. He's got it all backwards. If he wants an entertainment tax he should tax CDs and DVDs to help encourage people to go to a more efficient and greener, digital download delivery system.

I'm going to start charging New York taxes based on their pollution that I have to deal with as an american citizen, you know on top of the already existing taxes/fines.

I thought it was a little crazy when they started charging import taxes on items shipped from warehouses outside the state. And call it what ever you want it's still an import tax. Now they want to charge taxes for importing downloadable content onto a physical device.

It's getting about time to start throwing some tea ... err ipods into the harbor. All this taxing is outrageous.

This. Apparently our government has forgotten why they became OUR government in the first place. The British were taxing everything from tea to playing cards, etc. tax stamping anything they could to bilk money out of us. How long before a well armed revolting militia decides it's enough?

Hey, where'd that black helicopter come from?

I'm going to start charging New York taxes based on their pollution that I have to deal with as an american citizen, you know on top of the already existing taxes/fines.

im pretty sure the average pollution generated per capita in new york city is much, much lower than the pollution per capita in the rest of the country on average

Nope. In NYC, you have about 10 million people paying taxes, 8 million illegals who pay no income taxes, 1 million on welfare and 1 million jipping the system.

So, basically you have 10 million people paying for the infrastructure while 20 million milk it.

He wants to raise welfare spending 30% in some cases.

Sounds like something a democrat would do. Hmm... I wonder what Obama is going to do while he's in office.... but people keep voting for these idiots who want to increase budgets before decreasing spending. I just don't understand Americans anymore.

And Bush's spending was an epic success?

im pretty sure the average pollution generated per capita in new york city is much, much lower than the pollution per capita in the rest of the country on average

Yes, but that wasn't my point. New York wants to charge a tax on everything going in to their state. So why not build a wall, then they can tax and toll everything that enters and we'll tax and toll the state for everything that exits. If they want to act like a province then I say we run them into the ground. They need to take care of their own problems without finding ways to siphon money from other states.

this is what no accountability with taxpayer's money brings. I would bet my lasty $ that if they were held strictly accountable for every $ spent. they wouldn't need half of what they already had......

to the person whining about having to make cuts......blah blah blah. we heard all that crap before.......

Last time the colonies were being taxed up the yin-yang, things didn't turn out so great for the ruling body. Just a word to the cautious.

And Bush's spending was an epic success?

True, but Republicans are, or at least are SUPPOSED to be, anti-tax.

From democrats, you're just voting in expected tax hikes.

And btw, why are we supposed to leave the president alone for the next four years? Because he's not a republican anymore, or because he delivers a speech so much nicer(assuming he has a teleprompter working)?

It sounds like, if they are taxing other out of state retailers as you say, this may be pressure from local retailers that are trying to get consumers to spend money at the brick & mortars again.

I already have issues with spending 99¢ for a lower bandwidth soft copy of a song as compared to hard version on a CD. If they tax it enough to make buying the whole album cost $1 or $2 more for the soft version then the hard version, it would (hopefully) persuade poeple to stop by the local store and buy the hard version.

This is not to say that I support such measures, but with the ecomony as it has been some of these local shops are probably starting to grab for any way to get you in the door.....and this would be a passive method that requires no sacrifice on their end. You come back to the store and they didn't have to cut prices to get you there.

i propose a one-time $5 download fee for all digital entertainment available on the internet for anybody in the state of new york with an internet connection. this would coincide with a cessation of all lawsuits involving downloading of copyrighted material for personal use. say a conservative 10 million customers. 10,000,000 x $5 = $50,000,000.

if ny wants to be a dick...it could take half of that. so $25,000,000 for them and then the rest would go the artists, filmmakers, tv show producers, etc...i then propose that the more downloads something gets the more of a percentage they should get from the $25,000,000.

can i run for governor now? or how about that senate seat?

Back