Newb Questions about case fans

Cuse313

n00b
So My ambient temps were 4-6 degrees higher than usual this morning when idling including my mobo temps so I knew something was up. I check the case fan in the back and it wasn't working, then just kicked on randomly. I'm assuming that the fan is going out and am going to order a new one, but is there anything else that this could mean that i should be worried about? The fan is a tricool from antec with the external control so it couldn't be the mobo's fault. I unplugged the fan and plugged it back in and it started, then stopped then started again.

Thanks

So My ambient temps were 4-6 degrees higher than usual this morning when idling including my mobo temps so I knew something was up. I check the case fan in the back and it wasn't working, then just kicked on randomly. I'm assuming that the fan is going out and am going to order a new one, but is there anything else that this could mean that i should be worried about? The fan is a tricool from antec with the external control so it couldn't be the mobo's fault. I unplugged the fan and plugged it back in and it started, then stopped then started again.

Thanks

It's not clogged with dust or grime?

Back