Newest Nvidia Drivers Break DivX 5.x?

UltimaParadox

Supreme [H]ardness
After installing the newest Nvidia drivers from the website, it seems to break DivX playback on my machine. It still plays the video back, but the colors are FUBARed.

I rolled back to the BF2 drivers and it has temporarily fixed the problem, anyone else having this issue?

I had the same problem but fixed it by uninstalling all Nvidia drivers, including chipset and reinstalling them + video drivers.

trinibwoy said:
I had the same problem but fixed it by uninstalling all Nvidia drivers, including chipset and reinstalling them + video drivers.

Running an Intel Chipset here, when I uninstalled and rolled back to 77.30s everything works fine, seems to be specific to the new drivers on the website

You have to go into your display properties and color profiles. Select "All" from the top drop down, and select Advanced from the Profile dropdown.

Click Apply and that should fix it. Got that info from Pandora's Box on these forums.

Thought it was just me, I been having same problem ever sience going to 7x.xx, guess I'll have to do a full uninstall then go wipe the drivers and start again.

Yeah, it's the default gamma setting. The 77.62's did the same thing. Just go into the control panel and change the gamma to 1.0 for all settings. Some people have said that resetting them to default also works, but on mine I think the new settings WERE the default as it did nothing.
Other than that little fixable bug, these are terrific. I've noticed a marked improvement in almost all of my games (6800GT). I haven't run any benches, but everything certainly seems smoother in games like GTA, NFS:UG2, Doom 3, etc.
I haven't felt this big of an overall improvement from drivers in quite some time...not since the old Detonator days.

I noticed that right after upgrading last night. Found that the gamma settings for overlays defaults to 3.6 or something like that, and you can only make it 0.5, 3.6, or 6. All those settings suck, imo. I just set it to advanced and used that default setting, which looks good enough for movies and video for me.

the gamma is FUBARed

set it all the way to the left and it looks ok but dark it seems to go from .50 to 3.61 WFT o.o

This doesn't seem similar to my problem I have been having recently. Several of my films (that worked previously) now start to tear towards the bottom of the screen after a few minutes (usually on a high change scene). Using the same combination of drivers, the only difference is I went from a Radeon 7000VE to a FX5200 (this is on my living room box).

The films that exhibit tearing are all non-DivX encoded avis - or they are but using the DivX codec prevents it. I've tried uninstalling all my codecs and reinstalling it to find the culprit and it does seem that the Nvidia drivers do something with DivX films. As soon as DivX 5.2.1 is installed (not checking the generic component as that exhibits it as well) then DivX films clear up leaving Xvid films to suffer. And it isn't a bug in FFDShow since I don't have that installed atm.

This has been annoying me for a few days now.

dandragonrage said:
XviD can be decoded by DivX, and many have a FourCC of DIVX.

This is not entirely true. Some XviD features are not supported by DivX such as qpel and GMC. They won't play on with a divx codec playing. AFAIK most people don't encode with xvid and put a fourcc of divx on it either; that would just be misleading.

DivX will play back xvid encoded content that uses common mpeg4 elements, though.

DivX has both GMC and Qpel as well as XviD. And it's not "misleading" to label an XviD with the FourCC of DIVX. The DescFourCC is still XVID. It's done for compatibility, because not as many people have XviD or even know about it.

But FFDShow is still better for decoding.

Chix4mat said:
You have to go into your display properties and color profiles. Select "All" from the top drop down, and select Advanced from the Profile dropdown.

Click Apply and that should fix it. Got that info from Pandora's Box on these forums.

Yep, this worked for me as well, I was having problems with .OGG files until I Selected "All" Then "Set to Defaults"

Chix4mat said:

Thx, fixed my video problem. :cool:

There is a corrected download on Nvidia's site as of yesterday evening. I noticed the file is slightly bigger (20MB vs 15MB), WHQL certified and has the gamma set to the proper defaults to begin with.

Got the WHQL'ed drivers and they still have this problem. The color correction fix from above worked though.

XSNiper said:
Have you tried the new DivX 6? Or are you just staying away from it..

Yet to take that plunge as I am only a watcher, and changing codecs can definetly be a headache

what i want to know is HOW THE FUCK did thay get WHQL'ed with the bug in them

Elios said:

I only thought that WHQL was to cerfite the stability of drivers, not their videopreformance?

Terra - Bugfix worked for me under DivX 6..and so do all my movies ;)

Elios said:
77.72 is not WHQL'ed

edit: I take it back. It actually got WHQL'ed yesterday. :p

Back