Next big games?

Hiyruu

2[H]4U
Now that Doom3, and HL2 are basically here. What is the next big thing that we'll be anticipating?

Excluding DNF.

What the hell? Half Life 2 is "here"?

What stores sells it? OMG, did I just wake up 20 years in the future?

Unit-0 said:
What the hell? Half Life 2 is "here"?

What stores sells it? OMG, did I just wake up 20 years in the future?

It's only a matter of months now.

The biggest thing on the horizon is E3 2005, and the new consoles.

Screw those :p

At best they'll keep you interested until you beat them in 20 hours.

Biggest thing on the horizon is World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2. Gonna spend the next 5 years playing those two games alone.

Stalker, Quake 4, Ghost Recon 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Battlefield 2 and the game with the Unreal 3.0 Engine are what I'm looking forward to.

LOL....HL2 isn't here. Doom, however is, and that's Valve's loss. I personally believe HL2 will be somewhat of a let down because it's so late it (graphically) will be lacking compared to the new stuff coming out.

scott122 said:
LOL....HL2 isn't here. Doom, however is, and that's Valve's loss. I personally believe HL2 will be somewhat of a let down because it's so late it (graphically) will be lacking compared to the new stuff coming out.

Can't they just upgrade the textures at the last minute?

Hiyruu said:
Can't they just upgrade the textures at the last minute?
It isn't that simple, you can't just upgrade the textures and expect it to enhance graphicability (is that a word?), you would have to re-create the textures, meaning having the underpaid artists remake the millions and trillions of textures.

Can we say overtime?

PAYCHECK YEAHYA!

By the way, I'm looking towards STALKER, I was looking at STALKER before STALKER became popular and was just another game in development with several screenshots.

I thought STALKER got delayed until Jan-March timeframe? DO'H! Oh well, now I got time to play Doom 3 a lot, and HL2 which is suppose to come out September right? I am wondering how closely Valve is going to be watching Coom 3 purchase numbers. I am pretty sure they will be very interested in finding out how many copies of Doom 3 are selling. That way they can plan on when to release HL2 at just the right time. Heck I am willing to wager that Doom3 will be very popular well into September or beyond and Valve may just come up with some lame excuse to delay it until the "Christmas shoppingt season" :rolleyes:

Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Rome Total War
Sims 2
EQ 2
Warhammer 40K dawn of War
Tribes Vengance
Vampire Bloodlines
WoW
Star Wars Republic Commando

Qwestman said:
I thought STALKER got delayed until Jan-March timeframe? DO'H! Oh well, now I got time to play Doom 3 a lot, and HL2 which is suppose to come out September right? I am wondering how closely Valve is going to be watching Coom 3 purchase numbers. I am pretty sure they will be very interested in finding out how many copies of Doom 3 are selling. That way they can plan on when to release HL2 at just the right time. Heck I am willing to wager that Doom3 will be very popular well into September or beyond and Valve may just come up with some lame excuse to delay it until the "Christmas shoppingt season" :rolleyes:

No timeframe was specified...

Unit-0 said:
Screw those :p

At best they'll keep you interested until you beat them in 20 hours.

Biggest thing on the horizon is World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2. Gonna spend the next 5 years playing those two games alone.

you do realize that WoW couldn't and DIDNT live up to its hype.....that game just isnt that great. sorry. OF course this is coming fron a long time EQ player..

Killdozer said:
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Vampire Bloodlines
Star Wars Republic Commando

YES MORE STAR WARS, GIMME GIMME

Also, lets not forget DnF [Duke Nukem Forever] (Doom3, HL2, no thanks) when is this game gonna be released ffs.

MCRAYGSX said:
FREE SPACE 3 plz plz plz

Dont wish too hard....Derek Smart may make good on his threat to buy the freespace franchise. I would rather Free Space 3 never see the light of day if it means saving it from Smarts incompetence. :mad:

World of Warcraft

Matrix Online

Sims 2

CounterStrike: Source

scott122 said:

Eh the Source engine is no older than the Doom 3 engine ;) Both are built for the future too.

Only games I'm looking forward to after D3.

Half Life 2 (would have to be an idiot not to want to see this in action)

Mechwarrior 5 (if microshit ever pulls there head oot there ass and builds it)

Vampire Bloodlines

Stalker

Beyond that theres not much that interests me, Ultima X was just canceled (fucking EA) which is the second major overhaul to the Ultima series that they squashed. As for a mecha game, I think somebody is going to have to come out with a mod on either the HL 2 engine or D3 engine for there to be any chance of there being a good new mecha game, Microshaft is busy building that hunk of dogshit Mech Assault 2 which means the entire mecha community is screwd.

Gee do I sound bitter lol.

well for me they are:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R:SoC
WoW
F.E.A.R
Halo 2 :D
KoTOR 2
Jade Empire
Fable
SoF 3 (although that may take awhile)
Brothers in Arms (although delayed :()
SW: Republic Commando
and maybe a good RTS game that comes out of nowhere (fingers crossed)

Battlefield 2
KOTOR 2
Scrapland
FEAR
Call of Cthulhu
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 2
Phantasy Star Universe

thats all i can think of right now. :)

wilbur said:
you do realize that WoW couldn't and DIDNT live up to its hype.....that game just isnt that great. sorry. OF course this is coming fron a long time EQ player..

I'm not in the beta so I can't really tell if it's good or bad. So far I'm buying the hype and is desperate for a new MMORPG.

Wanna let me borrow your beta account ? =) Since you don't like WoW and all..

UNREAL 3 is the next big game. Sure it will probably be released in like 2-3 years, but it's the next step in gaming much like Doom III is.

Call of Duty - United Offensive
Brother in Arms
Medal of Honor - Pacific Assult
Far Cry II (I assume there will be one)

These are the ones I'm looking forward to.

Back