Nice little re-build with an E6600

sman262

n00b
My new system is updated in my sig, it has been a long time since I have had an Intel chip in my computer, but this is definitely worth it.

I have been doing some benches.

3dMark06 6110

more to come...

here are some pics...

DSC_4010+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4016+_Large_.JPG
DSC_4005+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4018+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4029+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4075+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4087+_Large_.JPG

DSC_4088+_Large_.JPG

hdtach.JPG

I like the pics. At least I can look at them and pretend until my grear arrives. Unfortunatly I cannot help but wait out the mobo scene until the 590's hit. Congrats and good choice on ur HD :cool:
P.S. That ram was my other choice but I got the gskills F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ on sale instead. Let us know how it overclocks! Also what mobo is that? If u could, try and give us its max fsb. Depending on how overclockable the 590's end up being, I may get a intel 975x yet (no sli :mad: ).

Well...

here is the deal, that board is the Asus P5n32-sil deluxe, that i got from tigerdirect, which is in bundles with conroes and that board. Problem is that this board doesnt support 65nm, the SE version does. I work for tiger, so this makes me MAD, lol. So I went back and returned it and got the only other board that I knew would support the conroe, the Intel D975. So this will hold me over till the 590's hit. As of now I wanted to dual stress prime over night, but my temps are at 54c, which scares me a little bit. But tomorrow I am going to be testing the ram and ocing ability. stay tuned...

@sman262 , are you going to overclock it? Nice system and enjoy it , i was going to get the p5n32-sli but i have had a venice before the system which is in the sig and i wasnt very happy with the chipset.

There is however going to be a updated version of the same board. I had too many problems with my last one and mainly incompatibitlty and some ACPI setting.

The board looks brill though , good system , will do you proud and will gobble anything you throw at it.

i do want to OC, but when I get temps like this under just load...

byrn-in.JPG

temps.JPG

so I think I am going to pick up either the zalman CNPS9500 / FS-C77 or maybe one of them ninja's.

thoughts?...

Hi could you try playing apple quick time hd video h.264 1080p at stock speed. I'm interested in the CPU utilization. And try it if you could with and without support from the GPU. :)

vlado said:
Hi could you try playing apple quick time hd video h.264 1080p at stock speed. I'm interested in the CPU utilization. And try it if you could with and without support from the GPU. :)

yea sure, once I get home, I have that HD trailer of spiderman 3.

Thanks in advance.
I've been looking for this info but now every body is interested in OC which is normal but I can't wait.
Do you now how to switch off Purevideo? I don't know but maybe deinstaling nvidia driver could do.

vlado said:
Thanks in advance.
I've been looking for this info but now every body is interested in OC which is normal but I can't wait.
Do you now how to switch off Purevideo? I don't know but maybe deinstaling nvidia driver could do.

hmm no not really, i was an amd OCer, so i am reading up on how to oc this conroe, if you could give me a little tutorial i could do it no prob.

ALSO am I just really tired or does the multiplier and core speed look really f'ed up in this cpu-z
wtf.JPG

lol WTF, so 2 minutes later i check cpu-z agian and i get this

wtf2.JPG

i dont know what the heck is going on, also if i use like sys tool, or intel desktop utilities, it will vary back and forth as well, very weird.

Intel EIST. kind of like coolnquiet on AMD. it lowers the cpu multi at idle to reduce power usage. disable it in bios if you'd like.

This is changing because of the intel speed step (EIST = Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology). When you don't load the CPU it lowers the multiplier and vcore. You can disable it in bios. You shoud disable EIST and C1E. But if you prefer you can use it i think you'll not notice it.

alik4041 said:
That small feature is turned off when you overclock.

Ok so i have been reading up on how to OC with my board, which seems to be alot harder than the rest of the boards on the market right now, i am thinking about doing the mod so i can unlock more settings out of the bios.

also, does anyone know of a really good tutorial or guide that i can use to get me on the right path to ocing this baby, if so that would be awesome

tks

sman262 said:
lol WTF, so 2 minutes later i check cpu-z agian and i get this

wtf2.JPG

i dont know what the heck is going on, also if i use like sys tool, or intel desktop utilities, it will vary back and forth as well, very weird.
Your right i have seen this too , its something to do with the multiplier sometimes missing its clock.

adrift02 said:
I like the pics. At least I can look at them and pretend until my grear arrives. Unfortunatly I cannot help but wait out the mobo scene until the 590's hit. Congrats and good choice on ur HD :cool:
P.S. That ram was my other choice but I got the gskills F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ on sale instead. Let us know how it overclocks! Also what mobo is that? If u could, try and give us its max fsb. Depending on how overclockable the 590's end up being, I may get a intel 975x yet (no sli :mad: ).
Agree with you very much , the boards are not that bad which are out there, they do peroform very well but there is other things i would also like to see on the board.

Have a 7950XXX and need a board that can get the max out of it.

vlado said:
This is what I found:

http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/forums/showthread.php?t=991

Also if you whant to go extreme and want to increase DDR voltage more than 2.2v this may help:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1460666#post1460666

yes, i have seen these mods, and i am confident that i can do the little bios solder, because i use to mod xboxs back in the day.

But, does anyone have a good tutorial on how to OC an intel chip. I know there is more to just uping the fsb, what about lowering the multipler, and bumping the ram, what about the divider; 1:1, 1:2, 3:4. Info like this that will explain it to me specifically is what i am looking for.

thanks in advance

This is 17% OC at low vcore. Congratulations!
What are the temps?

I'm still waiting for you to test the CPU load in playin HD (h.264 1080p) video. Try it with and without OC and with and without Nvidia drivers for the GPU please. But if you do not have time do what you can but gime some info. Screen shot of the task manager will be good. :)

vlado said:
This is 17% OC at low vcore. Congratulations!
What are the temps?

I'm still waiting for you to test the CPU load in playin HD (h.264 1080p) video. Try it with and without OC and with and without Nvidia drivers for the GPU please. But if you do not have time do what you can but gime some info. Screen shot of the task manager will be good. :)

can you explain how to do this a little bit more and I can do it, I have never done what you are specifically asking before.

ALSO temps never broke 50C when dual priming overnight :D

here are some benchies for stability and super PI

prime8hr.JPG

sup+pi.JPG

i am thinking ok getting a different heatsink and it is pretty good, but we didnt have it at tiger so i had to drive over to fry's and pay full price for it. But we just got the Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 in at tiger and it is pretty cheap for me.

DSC_4089+_Custom_.JPG

Or here is that fata1ty from my work

i cant decide if the fata1ty will be any better, it is about twice as much copper, and has some pretty nice reviews. i dn.

You know, maybe it's just me, but I find it hilarious when people freak out when they see temps of 50C. I've seen my 630 hit 90C+ before, I idled at 70C with a thermal pad. People should expect somewhere around 40-50. It's not like you're gonna get 20C right when you turn your comp on and put full load. lol.

Whit the latest Nvidia drivers Version: 91.31
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html
you do get some support for HD (h.264) video playback. But I don't know how you can disable it in order to test the cpu only. I Think that uninstalling Nvidia drivers for video card (in winXP from control panel -> add remove programs) will leave all the load to the CPU.

About the fan if you cant hear it and if it is blowing some air to the NB and VRM's then it is OK. Temps of 50C under load are more than OK. You shoud stay away from 70C. If the ambient temp is all ready hi then in the winter it will be better.

Hostile_Monk said:
Nice. I got a 6144 with my current rig. :)

Yeah, but what do you get in Super Pi or 3dMark 2001?

3dMark2006 is mostly videocard depend. Yeah the CPU test counts, but if you overclock your videocard mad, you can get a pretty high score.

I personally think 3dMark2003 is the best test right now for general gaming performance, as most games are using roughly that level of details (3 years later, behind the curve).

Futuremark is forward looking, hence the "future" part. Its good for benchmarking your videocard/system. But 3dMark2001 & 2003 I think are more closely related to real world performance for general use & gaming.

I got 6513 with a VERY similar set up as yours, and similar LOW overcock :)
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=432099

I haven't overclocked the videocard yet. I was focusing on testing the CPU for stability first.

yea, thanks for the reality check, lol.

i still would like to see if lapping could and or would do anything

sman262 said:
yea, thanks for the reality check, lol.

i still would like to see if lapping could and or would do anything
What kind of corsair memory is that? is it c3? c4?

completly stock no OC

first is with drivers
1080p.JPG

and second is without the drivers

1080p+no+drivers.JPG

your welcome

Back