Nice. My Auzentech X-fi took a dump out of the blue. No more worky :(

Dunan

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know what happened, I turned off the PC last night, everything was fine, and today I notice that there is no speaker in the taskbar.
I go into sound properties and it says there is no audio device found.:mad:

I go into device manager and it say the auzentech cannot be enabled because there is a problem with the driver.
So i reinstall the drivers just in case, reboot, and still no audio.
Now it says windows cannot enable this device because there is a problem with the hardware, and there is a bug yellow exclamation point on the auzentech.

I try another PCI slot, still no audio.

I take out the creative X-fi, slap that in to make sure its not motherboard related, install the drivers and i get audio. Works perfectly fine.:mad:

I havent had this card but a few months, should I contact auzentech and try to get a new one? I have to check their site and see what it says about replacements..........:mad:

I'll check it out, I thought I did but i'll try it again, thanks.....

what is this "time bug"?

i gotta look into this

It's essentially what you are describing; the audio driver randomly stops working and in turn a yellow ! will appear next to the Prelude in the device manager (notifying you that the driver has stopped working :p).

It's essentially what you are describing; the audio driver randomly stops working and in turn a yellow ! will appear next to the Prelude in the device manager (notifying you that the driver has stopped working :p).

Let us blame Creative for this. Also, let us blame Creative for the war, cancer and the ugly stick while we are at it lol.

Creative sucks that is all.

Carry on.

Let us blame Creative for this. Also, let us blame Creative for the war, cancer and the ugly stick while we are at it lol.

Creative sucks that is all.

Carry on.

What a constructive and helpful post. :rolleyes: The bug has been fixed in the latest patch so I don't see the harm here. I don't want to come off as someone who actively defends Creative, but I think you go a bit overboard in your crusade against Creative.

I did a search and other people have posted about the same things with the exact same symptoms i'm having. It looks like the time bug has reared its ugly head for sure :D

thanks

I did a search and other people have posted about the same things with the exact same symptoms i'm having. It looks like the time bug has reared its ugly head for sure :D

thanks

Hopefully the new patch will fix your issue. :)

It was a joke, sort of. Just being "creative" with my criticism.

I'm aware of what it was. And everyone is aware of your position on Creative. You don't have to remind us every thread. If I ever manage to forget what your feelings on Creative are, I'll make sure to PM you for an answer.

ok, that patch fixed the issue, the card is back to working again

that time bug is a bunch os BS, i've never heard of anything like that:mad:

that time bug is a bunch os BS, i've never heard of anything like that

At least it keeps things interesting. You never know when your sound card will fail next. :p At least you got it fixed. ;)

I had the same thing happen after installing Full Spectrum Warrior only when I tried the patch I get an error saying it can't find my card, freaking wonderful. I tried it in another PC and I get the same thing, card's FUBAR. I'm totally unimpressed.

Back