NO! Half of my display on the 3090wqxi is corrupt now!

Antimatter

Limp Gawd
NO! I just bought this fucking monitor and it just arrived this last Friday and I've been using it for what two/three days now and now the entire right half of the monitor appears to be corrupt! Basically i now got random lines scrolling up and down on the left half and various glitches.

So I turned on/off the monitor the NEC logo that comes up is corrupt on the right half but on the left half its fine.

Same thing with the OSD.

To rule out the video card which i doubt i restarted the whole computer and the same corruption is still happening.

I have done nothing other than taking the monitor out of the box putting it on my desk and attaching the power cord and DVI cord....

How long will it take to RMA this monitor, i hope to god that it doesn't take weeks cos i will be very sad

[edit:] Update: I pulled my dvi cable out of the right DVI-D port and put it into the DVI-I and the corruption now switched to the left half ot the screen. Then a restart still did the same thing but on the Left side of the screen.

So i pulled the dvi cable out and restarted, the corruption persists on the left side of the monitor. So i replugged the dvi cable in the right side, and it start to appear on the right half.... WTF

[EDIT 2:] So i'm wondering who i should send it to? I think newegg has a 30-90 day replacement policy and NEC seems to have for $10 or so an overnight RMA service?

Last edited:
Gee,

It does kind of sound like it may be related to your video card.

But, you seem to have said that it worked for a couple of days.

Is your video card rated to drive a 30" display?

If you have access to another computer, I'd see if it can have better luck with the new monitor.

That would rule it out as being defective.

Otherwise, I'd return it ASAP.

Please let us all hear how it goes.

Peace to you all,
C. Livingstone

Gee,

It does kind of sound like it may be related to your video card.

But, you seem to have said that it worked for a couple of days.

Is your video card rated to drive a 30" display?

If you have access to another computer, I'd see if it can have better luck with the new monitor.

That would rule it out as being defective.

Otherwise, I'd return it ASAP.

Please let us all hear how it goes.

Peace to you all,
C. Livingstone

I agree, my first impression was that it was a video card problem, however its a Geforce GTS 250 and it was able to drive it with no problem, i played a few full screen games such as UT2004 and it was able to push it to 200+ FPS so... it should be good enough for older 3d games with this 30".

Plus another reason why its the display is because even after i disconnect the video card and just turn on the display with nothing connected the NEC logo is still corrupt upon start up, and the OSD is also corrupt.

I'm still trying to debate between doing a RMA with newegg or NEC, because I noticed for $10 NEC would send me overnight a replacement unit then I can put this defective unit into the shipping box and send it back. While Newegg would take 1-2 day to ship it to them then 2-5 business day to process it then another 1-2 days to ship it back....

Yeah,

Then I'd do it ASAP.

I'm not a real whiz with a lot of this stuff, but that monitor reportedly has an extra high resolution (max resolution 2560 x 1600), and I'd probably do one last thing by double checking the various resolutions to see if they respond better at the more normative settings.

Peace to you,
C. Livingstone

PS: Maybe the video card draws more power with this monitor, and is having a problem with the power supply of your computer.

Argh! This is why I would never buy a monitor through the mail.

I have no clue what would cause this, but I'd definitely try another cable or port. Maybe you can try updating the firmware of the monitor somehow also? I hope you get it sorted out as it's obviously a major bummer. :(

Yes it has a high resolution 2560x1600 which is the reason why i went for it :)

That would allow me to have FOUR 90 col wide terminal open with vim in it so i would be able to edit 4 different source at the same time along with reference along the bottom. Then its also an IPS so I will be able to have it display pictures more accurately than TN.

I like buying in person but problem is no one ever carry large IPS monitor in stores anymore, its all TV or smaller TN panels for $200-500 or so...

I suppose it could be the video card, but however the problem is the corruption is still there WITHOUT any cable other than the power cable hooked up to it.

I also have a PC&P 650 or 700 watt PSU and i checked via my UPS, its only drawing about 200 watt from the outlet.

Still debating about RMAing it to Newegg or NEC, cos newegg is slower but i like them and i can start the RMA process now, or wait till tomorrow to talk to NEC on the phone to see if they will be willing to overnight a new display to me.

OK,

Make your decision, big guy!

Peace,
C. Livingstone

PS: The size, IPS, and resolution on the display seem to make it a way-groovy one.

Are you using a dual link DVI cable? You can't use a single link cable at the nativer resolution.

This exact thing happened to me on a samsung, they replaced it right away.

Are you using a dual link DVI cable? You can't use a single link cable at the nativer resolution.

Yes I was, that was the first thing i double checked when i got the monitor out of the box that it had a dual link, i also double/triple check that my card has a dual link.

Beside like I stated, its a hardware problem on the monitor not a video card or a cable problem. How i know this, because i only have the monitor hooked up to the power cord and nothing else and the NEC logo is still being corrupt when i turn it on.

Will be calling NEC this monday morning to see if they will send me an overnight box with a new monitor or so, if not I'll go ahead and use newegg to replace it.

RMA it. If NEC will do it faster, that's probably your choice there although it will cost more. Newegg sends me free shipping labels for defective items but it takes time for them to process it then ship out the replacement.

RMA it. If NEC will do it faster, that's probably your choice there although it will cost more. Newegg sends me free shipping labels for defective items but it takes time for them to process it then ship out the replacement.

Indeed i am, I am looking on their site it seems like its $10 for overnight replacement so...

If they will end up costing lots i'll just go with newegg, they've been reliable so :)

Woot, just been issued an RMA, NEC said that the earliest I should be able to get the monitor is this Wed which is quite acceptable because I will be getting my new DVI/HDMI/ETC cables from monoprice and a new monitor arm this Tues and it will require some time for me to beef up my desk because its an 1/2 inch thick desk, and 1/2 inch thick desk with an $2000 monitor on a monitor arm? hell no.

It's good to hear they have a quick tunaround on the monitor service.

They do, but i had trouble with their delivery service of choice. So wasn't able to get it till this Friday.

Anyway I finally got it mounted to my monitor arm and hooked up, it seems to work so far, so let's hope it does not fuck out after 2-3 days...

Anyway only issue i have left is my 20" off the side sometime makes it a pain to rotate my neck, just wish i had a tall enough monitor arm that i could mount it above my 30" ah well, might go look around for something, but i already have a decent arm anyway so eh.

Back