No Internet ?

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I was playing counterstrike source, when my pc froze, because of a slightly unstable overclock (only freezes like once a week.). I rebooted to discover that I have no internet. I checked the wired internet, its good, checked the router, its fine. In the hardware devices menu under the network adapter list, it shows my wireless card with an error triangle by it. the error is as follows

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect.

I have tried disabling other devices, but to no avail. This just started happening after i rebooted from the freeze.I dont know what they mean by resources, do they mean cpu power, memory ? Im good in both those departements.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125174 (Click on Code 12)

Move your Wireless card to a different slot. Remove a stick or two of RAM. Also, set your CPU back to stock settings to rule out an OC induced problem.

And why do you put up with a slightly unstable OC? Not a good idea IMO.

Its probably conflicting in a memory block.

Go Device Manager -> Network Card -> Properties -> Resources.
This will bring up the Memory range, I/O range & IRQ that the card needs to work.
It will also bring up the conflicting device list.

From this you can work out what device its conflicting with.
Then either disable the conflicting device to clear the conflict.
Or better still, lower the overclock back to stock and reboot a couple of times.
Hopefully doing that causes Windoze to realocate the memory blocks so all your devices work.

Luck .......... :D

Thanks for all the advice, i will try it out.

I use that overclock because its fast, and it rarely gives me problems.

Back