not happy with lg 32ld450 as a monitor

poopy

Limp Gawd
So I recently got the 32ld450 for monitor use and it has issues. The vertical viewing angles really suck. The blacks are washed out at any spot other than directly in front of my head, similar to what happens with the dell ultrasharp monitors, but without the purple/orange color. In addition to that, the edges of the screen are dim and this is quite noticeable. It's like a glaucoma simulator. And to top it off, the TV buzzes. Oh, and this is supposedly one of the good IPS panels for this TV ( a "w" in the serial number on the box).
It has some good, though. Text is fine. No lag or ghosting. The TV is only 3" or so thick. And of course TV's these days usually don't suffer from some of the things monitors do like backlight bleeding.
I've done quite a bit of research, and it seems as if every affordably priced TV and monitor out this year is flawed in a big way.
I'm thinking about returning it and getting a sony 32ex400. Does anyone use the 32ex400 as a monitor? If so, how are the viewing angles are on this thing? Pictures would be good, too.

The only other option would be the hp zr24w. It is an IPS panel also, and Im worried about the blacks doing the same thing as they are on this TV.

Back