Nvidia AMD 590 SLI Support

kirk121

Limp Gawd
I have a ASUS M2N32 Sli Deluxe, that has a Nvidia 590 Sli chipset. And was wondering if any one knows if Nvidia is still supporting this AM2 chipset?

Sorry if it has been asked alot.:confused:

I wonder if they will release a new one for vista when SP1 comes out?

Also I have seen in the ASUS forums that people with the M2N32-SLI Deluxe
are runinng an Amd Phenom 9600, when the motherboard is a AM2 not a AM2+ motherboard.

I don't know what you mean by support. Do you mean release new drivers? I would like to hope so, but I do know on occasions nVidia doesn't support their chipsets for too long with driver releases. If you mean bios upgrades (for Phenom support), that is up to the individual motherboard company, not nVidia. I have heard of people making drivers for newer chipsets (such as when the newer AMD chipsets from nVidia come out) compatible with older products (such as your board). Hope that helps,
Jason

Ya Myrandex
At first I was just wondering if Nvidia had plans to support the 590 chipset a little longer since SP1 will be out in a while.

And the second part about the Phenom is just because I have seen it under the supported cpu's even though it is a AM2 only board, I dont think I will be taking that route even if I can run one untill they drop in price alot. As I was forced to upgrade to this setup, and was not able to wait as long as I wanted because of my NF4 Motherboard failing. And I had to build a new system cheep.

I think that you will be fine in regards to vista. If you do not require SLI, then you can grab an AM2+ solution. Also if you think that you can hold out for a little longer, hopefully nVidia will step up and release their new AMD chipset that they have been working on for a little while.

And yes Phenom can be plugged into a regular AM2 socket (with some minor speed decreases) as long as their is bios support. Many members here in the forum have complained about certain companies not releasing a new bios for phenom support (evga comes to mind), so if that is of any concern of yours, I would look at the mainboard's bios upgrades to see if it has been released or not yet.
Jason

Thanks for the reply, and yes my ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe does show support for the Phenom.

Back