Nvidia Geforce 9800 series ("G92") - November 2007

AY786

Limp Gawd
If you dont know already, the G92 (9800 series) will be relaeasing around November 2007. Below are some of its specs...

- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels

This will retail for around 549$ - $649 (maybe slightly more in different places/countries)

65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.

GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations. There will be an cheaper, less faster 9800 GTS also releasing November.

What do you guys reckon about this then? Whos gona get one? Will we really notice a big difference compared to the 8800 ultra? Is this really worth the money as PC gaming is going slightly down hill due to realese of the Xbox 360, Nintendo WI, PS3 etc not to mention Xbox 360 Elite realsing soon and the PS4 set to launch around 2011 - Are people just losing interest in PC Gaming? Discuss it here... we need everyones views

How is that fear, uncertainity, and doubt? Do you mean 'bunk'?

anti-ATi FUD? i guess if any thing

only thing that bothers me is if no ATi in the same range this could be a 1000 dollar card on the top end and the GTS if its called that could be over 500

How is that fear, uncertainity, and doubt? Do you mean 'bunk'?

Nah, I actually meant "BS" if one wanted to get right down to it. If you'd go to the original thread that posted these "specs" on this forum, you'd find that the "specs" themselves are from a ---comment--- someone made to an nVidia Article on bit-tech. I guess people think that means it's a rumor. I also posted my own list of "specs" on the original thread here on the Hard Forums too, I guess there's two spec lists huh? :rolleyes: No, I'm not an ATI lover so try again Elios :rolleyes: , see my sig, I buy whatever provides me with the best bang-for-buck.

People just link to stuff without doing any kind of research whatsoever -I love it.

I think the BungholioMark idea deserves its own thread.

BungholioMark 2008

AKA

"We're never gonna score!" (Points, what did you think we meant?!?"

You have no idea when ps4 is going to be launched.... :rolleyes: It's suppsoed to have a 10 year lifespan (which personally i think is crap) you have no idea its coming out in 2011

well yeh thats true, i did do some reasearch on the ps4 and some websites quoted 2016 but majority did say 2011 so i guess its inbetween then.

well yeh thats true, i did do some reasearch on the ps4 and some websites quoted 2016 but majority did say 2011 so i guess its inbetween then.

Since the console is selling so poorly (and will likely continue to do so) it could be by that time (likely 2010 imo) that Sony even starts to make a profit on the thing (currently loosing $200-250/unit).

Nah, I actually meant "BS" if one wanted to get right down to it. If you'd go to the original thread that posted these "specs" on this forum, you'd find that the "specs" themselves are from a ---comment--- someone made to an nVidia Article on bit-tech. I guess people think that means it's a rumor. I also posted my own list of "specs" on the original thread here on the Hard Forums too, I guess there's two spec lists huh? :rolleyes: No, I'm not an ATI lover so try again Elios :rolleyes: , see my sig, I buy whatever provides me with the best bang-for-buck.

People just link to stuff without doing any kind of research whatsoever -I love it.

right your an NV Fanboy thats why i said ANTI-ATi FUD
ie make ATi look bad or i was anti to big a prefix for you?

thats IF theres a SCEJ left to make one in 2011 PS3 is not looking good they keep losing there "exclusives"

right your an NV Fanboy thats why i said ANTI-ATi FUD
ie make ATi look bad or i was anti to big a prefix for you?

Oh no, I'm an Nv fanboy, what to do? :rolleyes: I was sure I would get called such eventually. I mean am I a fanboy because I own Nv hardware? If you didn't understand my original post, my stance is that these specs are from a forum post and they're hardly a rumor. I'm actually for nVidia developing it's DX10 drivers further. Firstly, to some level of maturity before throwing more (new) hardware at the problem. I think the 8800 series has more life left in it, especially for DX10 gaming. Developers have to implement DX10 effectively (i.e. Crytek) as well, otherwise you get the performance of some crappy "patch". We'll all see how Crysis performs so who knows for certain at this point.

So to recap:

1. I only buy what fits my needs in the most effective way possible.
2. I don't care about fanboys or anything of the like, nor who they're supposed to be.
3. I'm for Nv giving the 8800s time in real DX10 applications, as I think they're capable (until proven otherwise in due time).

"or i was anti to big a prefix for you?" Nice grammar btw.

Where did you get this information? Because the only thing I could believe is the built in audio chip.

Where did you get this information? Because the only thing I could believe is the built in audio chip.

The Tflop performance has said to be true time and time again...

I doubt the EDRAM for free AA would be encorporated (it would still need a dedicated CPU to do the AA algorithm to make it 100% free)...

I bet we will see FP64 eventually, and with 1tflop of performance, now's a better time than any.

I think I should write "specs" for the R700, and post them somewhere, so many people would believe them without regards to the source, then relay such "info" to other people. Which in effect would do two things, first create such a big train of misinformation that anyone saything something against it would be branded as an anti (brand) fanboy, allowing for the misinformation to spread further, and by hurting said company's current offerings, because people will be told to wait, because something better is coming out which will make whats out now look like shit.

Ive seen this happen too often,

I think I should write "specs" for the R700, and post them somewhere, so many people would believe them without regards to the source, then relay such "info" to other people. Which in effect would do two things, first create such a big train of misinformation that anyone saything something against it would be branded as an anti (brand) fanboy, allowing for the misinformation to spread further, and by hurting said company's current offerings, because people will be told to wait, because something better is coming out which will make whats out now look like shit.

Yeah it's funny because so many people "gloss" over the fact that it's a comment to an article...selective reading/reasoning ftl as always :( .

R700 Specs are unclear at this point but considering the R600 it can only suck =)

Back