O&O Defrag Question.

lil layzie

Gawd
I just recently got O&O Defrag V.6.5 (Full version) and I have a question.

There's 5 types of defrag options.

Stealth
Space
Complete/Name
Complete/Modified
Complete/Access

I was wondering which one would be the best option.

It depends. I leave mine on stealth, but I started by using one of the other ones on each partition. Which one depends on the information on the partition, and how often it is accessed. Read the help files closely, and you'll see which way is best for you.

A complete modified, followed by automatic stealth defrags is a pretty good way to go.

mosin said:
It depends. I leave mine on stealth, but I started by using one of the other ones on each partition. Which one depends on the information on the partition, and how often it is accessed. Read the help files closely, and you'll see which way is best for you.

A complete modified, followed by automatic stealth defrags is a pretty good way to go.
Yeah, the help file lays it out pretty well. I do complete/name on my system drive follow my stealth, then space. Same thing for my storage drive, except I do complete/accessed

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yea I was reading the help files and found out what each does or is recommended for. (Doh! should have looked there first)

I have to say one thing and that this is one of the most versatile defragging programs I've ever used. I love it!

yer O&O is a program that was worth the money, along with ASO
Norton a nesaserty but didn't want to spend the dollar

I say defrag by modified, if the data doesnt change it wont need to be moved again everytime you defrag.

Back