Oblivion: Dwarves

mr saturn

Limp Gawd
Are there any ancient dwarven ruins in Oblivion? They're my favorite part of Morrowind, with the insane blueprints and weird mechanical monsters. All I'm really looking for is a yes or no.. At least not TOO much info; I just want to know if I should go searching! Thanks and sorry for yet another Oblivion thread..

I was hoping for some dwarven parts too, epsecially since they put so many dwarven items and armor in the game. You would think there would have been some dwarves somewhere in the game. I would like to see them make a dwarven class playable myself. Maybe even make a Deadra class playable as well.

Json23 said:
I was hoping for some dwarven parts too, epsecially since they put so many dwarven items and armor in the game. You would think there would have been some dwarves somewhere in the game. I would like to see them make a dwarven class playable myself. Maybe even make a Deadra class playable as well.

Hey, I can't remember where I saw it exactly, but there is a mod out that lets you choose to be a Daedra. If you look hard enough on google or TESsource.com you should be able to find it.

Json23 said:

Technically, if you read through the books in both games, the Dwemer aren't "dwarf" dwarves like your typical fantasy genres. The Dwemer in Elder Scroll lore are actually elves that love knowledge (especially mechanical) and, of course, lived underground in their elaborate strongholds. Mer = elves in TES (Dwemer, Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Chimer, etc).

From wikipedia:
Dwemer, meaning "Deep Elves", are thought to be a reclusive, independent group of Mer (Elves), dedicated to the principles of science, alchemy, and engineering. Although they are commonly referred to as dwarves, evidence from their dwellings and armor indicates that they were of average height, similar to that of other mer.

Did get a dwarven breatplate from somewhere so there's at least some armor out there...

That's odd, I'm almost positive that the armorers in Daggerfall were classic dwarves, with big black beards and all.

Back