OCZ B-L-O-W-S!!

2 bad OCZ SSDs here, will never buy again.

Never had an issue with the rebates though.

Ive only had one problem with one of their products and that was an SSD, went through the RMA process and it was painless, they didnt make the one i sent in anymore so they just gave me the closest comparable thing, which was 10gb so i wont complain. Ive used their ram in my last three builds and never had a problem with their rebates

I've used their RAM with no issues like many others have stated here. I do alot of research prior to purchasing anything and I'm scared of their SSDs. I bought a Samsung and cannot complain at all.

Just wanted to comment here. I have purchased quite a bit of OCZ stuff, and yeah, some of the stuff failed (have also had Antec, Corsair, AMD, Seasonic, Asus, Cooler Master, Gskill, Sapphire, blah blah blah stuff fail). The customer service has been great each time in dealing with the issues (same with every other company I listed as well). I was especially impressed when I had some Platinum DDR2 that I bought in 2008 fail a few months ago. They responded that they do not carry memory products any longer, but linked me to a set on newegg with the same specs, asked if the replacement would be acceptable, and sent me the amount to purchase those to my Paypal account. That was awesome! Especially since DDR2 has retained/gone up in value since that time. No issues with their rebates either. In fact I just purchased a 7th OCZ SSD last week and am about to order 2 more.

I've never had an issue with OCZ stuff personally...

I have an old set of 2x1gb ocz pc3200 spec ops ram still working perfectly fine in one of my kids computers..
got a couple sets of ddr3, 4 and 8gb sticks, no issues there either

I've had several OCZ SSDs and no problems there either

the only thing I think I've ever really had to RMA was hard drives and video cards.. several hard drives over the years and two video cards so far.. the drives were mostly seagate drives but I'll still buy them and I'm not writing about how horrible they are and that I'll never buy from them again

plain and simple sh*t happens with any company, from my experience seagate drives have a high failure rate but I'm not going on a rant about it... it happens to any company so why pick on one and not the others?

as far as mail-in rebates I avoid them, yep I never buy anything with a mail-in rebate.. I used to but I hated the process, I had one take a year to get to me. It just takes too long to get them, and I don't know why they can't just sell the damn things at the after rebate price in the first place. As far as I'm concerned rebates are a shady semi-legal scam that I refuse to fall for anymore..

Urghhhh, not sure if fear mongering or inherently bad.

Not saying you people haven't had issues with them but I can never tell if that is actually representative of the products I'm looking at buying or just more than a few bad products across the board.
I was thinking of picking up two agility 3 240gb ssds to replace my stupid 500gb caviar black.
Sick of having mechanical drives.

Other option is two intel 330 180gb drives but I'm not sure if that is gonna cut it for space.

I heard the 2nd series drives were terrible but has anyone had any issues (or heard of many) with Agility 3 drives.

My last PSU was OCZ, and my current PSU is an OCZ, and they are both beasts. My 700w i got well above 730watts stable once while folding 3 cards. My current 1KW is quite the beast too, and I have nothing bad to say about their PSUs, but from all the BS i hear about SSDs, ill keep away. My Plextor SSD is rock solid :D

Speaking of cheap ssds, SanDisk? They do 480gb ssds that are over $100 cheaper than OCZ agility 3 drives.
Dodgy or awesome?

Back