OCZ Gold 4gb (2x2) 39.99 NO REBATE Microcenter

OCZ are great. I would say this is warm at best, but it is nice to having to deal with MIR.

I bought two of these recently to put in my main box with the q6600 and Asus P5K. I am not sure what the problem is, but I am having a hard time getting everything stable. I haven't had time to take them back yet, but I am going to do a run of memtest tonight. I really don't want to blame the ram (I've heard p35 is not that great at handling 4 dimms), but we'll see.

Okay I'll probably get two tomorrow then, along with a Deathadder.
Thanks guys!

OCZ are great. I would say this is warm at best, but it is nice to having to deal with MIR.
It's a pretty good deal if you are looking to go to 8gb. 8gb kits are rarely on sale anywhere decent. PLus there's shipping.

Versus these tracers, should I save up for the tracers, or buy the OCZ tomrrow? I don't plan on OC'ing much since my case can't really handle a huge OC.

But I would like speedy RAM.

I can vouch for this ram.

I have 2 of the 2gb kits, same ram.

Its stable and overclocks fairly nicely.

Just got back from MC with 2 sets. Went from 4gb to 8gb of ram no problem. Easy install, and no fiddling with the BIOS.
I love my P5B Deluxe.

On a side note, it's weird, but one pair had Green PCBs and one pair had black ones... No difference in model etc, but whatever...

the 1066 kits - works just fine at ddr 800 guess I could have saved myself some money LOL

I was thinking of picking these up, but I'm also thinking about these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

Which would be the better buy?

Plus I noticed that the G. Skill were $39.99 last night and now they are $44.99....weird...
I don't think you will see a great deal of performance difference there. It depends on what state you are in I guess. Here in MI, we have a 6% sales tax. So with tax, it's ~42.50 per kit. Save a few bucks there.

good stuff, replacing the crucial in my server.

I will only buy ocz, corsair, and g.skill now.

mmmmm so tempting. I would call it hot since it can be local pickup without MIRs.

Back