OCZ Z Drive

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2009/352

old news yes but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea when these might be released commercially.

I'd be willing to pay what they're asking for now for SSD @ 256gb for one of these @ the rated speeds.

edit: nevermind, I found it...can't afford...nope...not now....not for a while. Sorry for the hasty question.

I've seen 'em listed at Newegg but I don't think they were in stock.

heh, yeah. Not at all worth it. Not when u can attain such speeds for half or less.

The m and p versions are cheaper since they're mlc, the e is slc, still looking at 1100+ for the 256GB m84 though.

heh, yeah. Not at all worth it. Not when u can attain such speeds for half or less.

What about raiding Cruicial's C300 SSDs? We should hopefully start seeing reviews in the next 2 weeks. You may or may not reach those speeds, but I think it'll be sufficient enough. Plus, if the MSRP on Anandtech quoted holds it should cost ~$800 ( 2 x 128gb).

What about raiding Cruicial's C300 SSDs? We should hopefully start seeing reviews in the next 2 weeks. You may or may not reach those speeds, but I think it'll be sufficient enough. Plus, if the MSRP on Anandtech quoted holds it should cost ~$800 ( 2 x 128gb).
yes, I'm interested in such testing.

That OCZ "drive" is just 4 of their SATA ssds on a cheap RAID controller. Not worth the money.

i was being (funny) sarcastic. Obviously the price says differently about their cheap controllers.

Back