Official 97.92 8800GTX / GTS Windows XP WHQL Certified Drivers Released Jan 10th 07

More of the same old buggy shite would be my guess. I'm so gunshy when it comes to nvidia's drivers anymore it's like choosing the lesser of evils when installing a particular version over another. Very sad what has happened to these guys. Very sad indeed.

Release notes show that just a few things were fixed. I guess if you think about it, fixing a few things and releasing a driver is better than keeping the shitty drivers and not working on fixing and releasing anything

The only noticeable difference are that my colors look like they're fixed. When I installed this card the colors on my monitor were a lot darker. But, they look normal now. But that's just me... I never had any of the other problems with yellow textures and other stuff so I couldn't tell you if it fixed any of those things.

-juce

More of the same old buggy shite would be my guess. I'm so gunshy when it comes to nvidia's drivers anymore it's like choosing the lesser of evils when installing a particular version over another. Very sad what has happened to these guys. Very sad indeed.

Troll alert

I went ahead and installed them because I figured these were just the 97.44's with Windows cert and a couple minor fixes.

I really did not gain any performance, but I did not lose any either. No problems yet, but I really did not have issues with the 44's.

I can only guess this means that Forceware 10 has been delayed again...

I have had no problems with my current drivers... But I will be Downloading these when I get home.

The big thing for me with these drivers is they FINALLY fixed the problems in Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

I bought this game like a month ago and can now finally play it :D

The fixed SCDA? Excellent! Maybe they are doing some work on these drivers finally. Now to decide if i should install them or hold on...

I was hoping they would fix the fog and shadows problems in HL2/EP1.

I havent fired that series up since I bought the 8800s because the game really suffers. Dynamic shadows look like boxes and the "fog/smoke" is so funky you need the flashlight in a normal room.

Valve says its nvidia's drivers and nvidia says its valve's game.......sheeeeeesh:rolleyes:

I shouldnt have spoken so soon. I got an email from valve just now and they are telling me they expect a patch out this week or early next week that will fix this problem. So it appears that its not a driver issue at all.

Sweet. I've been trying to finish up HL2, but maybe I'll start R6 while I wait.

Awe, but it ruined a funny. :( I hear these fixed Halo too. What was wrong before?

The big thing for me with these drivers is they FINALLY fixed the problems in Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

I bought this game like a month ago and can now finally play it :D

Same here! Game is actually fun to play now. I was sucked into it for 5 hours yesterday. :p

Funny thing is they really don't say much in the release notes. Only says a few minor issues were fixed in SCDA. Glad it is working great now!

I cant wait to see how the Vista drivers turn out, seeing as I will be purchasing Vista once it comes available.

at me did not run scda ,with this driver,boot an write a error ,unknow,advice me.

at me did not run scda ,with this driver,boot an write a error ,unknow,advice me.

Huh????? At least you should remove old driver from add/remove,run drivercleaner twice, then install the new drivers. That might help.

I've had an 8800GTX since launch week. Every single driver revision has been better than the last. The 97.44 drivers have caused me no serious issues. The only exception being poor UT2004 performance, which I have a hard time understanding. Additionally, I can't adjust the monitor scaling options with SLI enabled. This is unfortunately a bug that still persists in the 97.92 release.

The drivers aren't perfect, but I'll take them over the ATI Catalyst DVI bug. (I'm still bitter about that.)

All my games run great with the exception of UT2004 and CSS. Unfortunately those are the 2 games I play the most. CSS fog bug is supposed to be fixed this week by Valve but I've tried everything to eliminate the stuttering in UT2004 with no luck. It's not my system becuase if I put in my 7900GTs UT2004 is smooth. I was really disappointed to see UT2004 wasn't fixed with this driver release.

halo had the graphic bug where everything looks like stretch armstrong, i didnt take any screenshots before i updated to the new drivers so i cant show ya =/

All my games run great with the exception of UT2004 and CSS. Unfortunately those are the 2 games I play the most. CSS fog bug is supposed to be fixed this week by Valve but I've tried everything to eliminate the stuttering in UT2004 with no luck. It's not my system becuase if I put in my 7900GTs UT2004 is smooth. I was really disappointed to see UT2004 wasn't fixed with this driver release.

I am too. I have found that disabling V-Sync, AA and AF makes the game work alot better. The problem is that I shouldn't have to do that for a 3.5 year old game.

I've noticed that too- it seems to be with maps that have a lot of coronas and lighting. The DM map Kadath is the worst for me. It's a map from one of the community map packs- it has a lot of lights with corona/halos around them.

I've noticed that too- it seems to be with maps that have a lot of coronas and lighting. The DM map Kadath is the worst for me. It's a map from one of the community map packs- it has a lot of lights with corona/halos around them.

Yep. Any of those map packs is chalk full of maps that run like shit.

It supposedly fixed this bug in Oblivion as well.

oblivion200612211932110wz9.jpg

I shouldnt have spoken so soon. I got an email from valve just now and they are telling me they expect a patch out this week or early next week that will fix this problem. So it appears that its not a driver issue at all.
Good news. Valve's been hammering away on the new Steam revision, so I imagine they just completely neglected it for a bit.

Josh_Norem said:
It supposedly fixed this bug in Oblivion as well.
That's one of the more interesting looking bugs I've seen. It probably ruins the immersion factor, but it also looks fairly neat.

Do these fix Call of Juarez shadows that were jacked up like in Oblivion?

Fixed it (UT2K4) for me mate - did you uninstall with Driver Cleaner?

Originally Posted by The T-man
Do these fix Call of Juarez shadows that were jacked up like in Oblivion?

According to the release notes, yes.
------
WOOHOOO!!!!!

Back