*** Official Catalyst 4.1 Thread ***

Significant performance loss is noticed in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This issue is already resolved and a fix will be available in the next CATALYST™ driver release:eek:

i think i'll wait for the next drivers...

Arg, why dont you just make the other one a sticky. Its so annoying to have to change threads, especially when I had a post all typed up, only to not be able to post cause its locked.. and now have to retype it.

In response to Brents last post (see other thread for it
:rolleyes: ) ;

Fair enough, Ive done it a few times and its worked for me as well. It just gets old that when people install several drivers on top of each other, and things dont work right, they complain about drivers, when its user error.

See thread for example, and logen99999's post;

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33736937&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by fallguy
Arg, why dont you just make the other one a sticky. Its so annoying to have to change threads, especially when I had a post all typed up, only to not be able to post cause its locked.. and now have to retype it.

In response to Brents last post (see other thread for it
:rolleyes: ) ;

Fair enough, Ive done it a few times and its worked for me as well. It just gets old that when people install several drivers on top of each other, and things dont work right, they complain about drivers, when its user error.

See thread for example, and logen99999's post;

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33736937&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

its always mostly user error ;)

These drivers show the temp and clock speed for the XT cards nice but I still does not overclock mem who cares.

There was no problems installing them, but I have not tested them yet.

ET is a popular game, you'd think they'd of jsut wait a few days or a week and released when they fixed that.

i wonder if i will stop getting artifacts in far cry beta. Wierd as I dont get them in any other game and my sys temps arent too high. Ill check it out when i get home.

Originally posted by KoDt
i wonder if i will stop getting artifacts in far cry beta. Wierd as I dont get them in any other game and my sys temps arent too high. Ill check it out when i get home.

I wonder if you're aware you signed and NDA, and you cant discuss the beta at all.

The ET problem does suck. Thankfully I dont play it, so it doesnt really matter to me. It is a popular game though.. so it hurts lots of people, depending on how many frames are lost.

I wonder if you're aware you signed and NDA, and you cant discuss the beta at all.

He was talking about artifacts; put down the glue and step away from the keyboard.

Nice childish behavior. I take offense to you saying I am high on any sort of drug.

You cannot discuss the game whatsoever. Thats what the NDA is for.

I take offense to you saying I am high on any sort of drug.
:rolleyes:

Ubi will enforce that if/when they see fit, it is not your job.

Already installed here. Haven't played ET in a while so I guess its worth a shot. Nice to see that ATi quickly found out that their fixes for other games broke ET:Wolf... Nothing is worse then finding out for yourself that its not good with the one game you play.

On a Radeon 8500.. The whites seem a little brighter, ATi might have turned up the contrast just a bit. I'll be playing a heavy session of Morrowind tonight so that will be the test for me.

I have 3.10s driver currently installed do i need to remove them before installing 4.1s? Or its ok to just install ontop?

I wonder if your aware that you dont really know weather or not I signed the NDA.

Anyway I put them on and still have the problem. Perhaps I really do have a heat issue. I think these new 4.1's have temp monitoring so ill check that out and see if it gets hot in jsut this game.

just got a chance to switc h back to my 9500, so far so good, haven't tried enemy territory yet though.

Originally posted by merlin704
Well I installed the new drivers. Went from 19.9K in 3DMark2001 to this.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7467438

Perhaps its just me, but the image quality is looks MUCH better with the new drivers in all my games.

nice BULLSHIT there...:rolleyes:

everyone is experiencing a 200-400 point drop in 3dmark2001 from updating drivers.

you didn't gain that many points just by changing to slower drivers (in 3dmark2001) you must have overclocked your cpu/fsb to get a point increase like that.

Originally posted by Stang Man
nice BULLSHIT there...:rolleyes:

everyone is experiencing a 200-400 point drop in 3dmark2001 from updating drivers.

you didn't gain that many points just by changing to slower drivers (in 3dmark2001) you must have overclocked your cpu/fsb to get a point increase like that.

I was using the CAT 3.9s before I updated to the 4.1s And yes I was scoring 19.9 with the 3.9s. Hell if I would have known that I needed to prove eerything I said, I would have taken a screenshot or given a link.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stang Man
dude, there is just no way you got a point increase like that from those drivers.

Well you can beleive what you want. I swear to all that is holy, I was only able to get 19.9K with the 3.9s. Im at max overclock for CPU and video card so nothing was changed but drivers. If you dont believe me, then I dont know. :confused: :(

Originally posted by merlin704
Well you can beleive what you want. I swear to all that is holy, I was only able to get 19.9K with the 3.9s. Im at max overclock for CPU and video card so nothing was changed but drivers. If you dont believe me, then I dont know. :confused: :(

Don't worry, buddy, I believe you. :)

Its just that the non-believers cant handle 21k when they can only get 10k

You can't discuss there is a game called Far Cry and it is a beta right now? Because that is all he did and if that is true, you too have broken the NDA.

(Back on topic)

I too had a performance increase in 3dMark2001, about 1000 points over 3 different runs.

prince of persian straigh froze up on me.. and then had to restart. its running ok now but idk.

Hmm. Well, despite the little spat up above. I managed a whopping 150 point 3dMark01 increase. I have both my previous (last nights, and todays) up if anyone wants the links.

The drivers seem nice. But has anyone been able to successfully overclock above 418 with the 9800XT? With Overdrive enabled, I've overclocked to 436 using Rage3dTweak, but the OverDrive constantly reports it as 418mhz, it won't report higher.

Did they lock the Overdrive so that it can't be used with another overclocker? That'd kinda defy the whole coolness factor (the fact you could overclock to 500mhz and let it scale itself down if it needs to). I'll have to give it a whirl with some better cooling when my blocks arrive, see if it'll allow it to go higher than 418.

And yes, I did reinstall the Rage3d after the 4.1's.

Anywho. They work nice it seems. I peaked on the Dragothic at 404fps. I don't believe I've quite reached that height before.

The 4.1s seem good to me.

I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

Enemy Territory seems to run ok, I didn't notice any slowdown from previous version.

2 Thumbs up !!

Neverwinter NIghts still is filled with nothing but artifacts looks like some applied a noise filter too my screen. Happened in 3.10 as well glad to see ATI is on top of there drivers for there older cards, in this case a 8500. Looks liek its back to the nice and stable release of 3.9s for me.

where can i get older catalysts, 3.10 and 4.1 just plain sucked for me. I dont remember what i was at before, might have been 7, was that a good version?

For those of you guys that have had this annoying little bug since CAT 3.8, I can confirm that it has been exterminated. Like CAT 3.7s and prior, the desktop is loaded immediately (even if the ATI Hotkey Poller service is disabled).

I agree with some of the other posts that these CATs seem to make things "look better" even with default color parameters. It reminds me of what happens when nVidia's "digital vibrance" is bumped up a notch.

3D1, 3D3, AM3, UT, and U2XMP all increased slightly on my sys. 2D also seems smoother and faster then the 3.10s. I don't play Wolfenstien.

These are the best CATs ATI has ever released :D

Cat 3.4s still do good except in Call of Duty so you might want to try those.. I think you can grab it from ati's website in driver archives!

or try some other sites like guru3d.com or driverheaven.net!

Originally posted by pumpkinlad
You can't discuss there is a game called Far Cry and it is a beta right now? Because that is all he did and if that is true, you too have broken the NDA.

(Back on topic)

I dont recall I said I had it.

I too think its highly improbable that you got that large or an increase just by changing drivers.

Got the old link?

Anyone noticing a snappier BF1942?

All my settings are the same as Cat 3.10s, but the game just seems snappier (both in single and multiplayer).

One thing I noticed though, is that the Gamma settings for 3d games aren't being set properly. Will have to look into this.

Otherwise, everything else looks fine :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Don't worry, buddy, I believe you. :)

Its just that the non-believers cant handle 21k when they can only get 10k

yeah yeah yeah... like i can't handle 21k myself :rolleyes:

Back