Official SP2 is out

That's the network version of SP2. It says that a smaller one for home users/single PCs will be along soon.

So, no problems installing the network SP2? It may be bigger, but what would the differences between this one, and the single computer version? (Other than support to mirror or push SP out).

Has anyone installed this one?

Scythe said:
So, no problems installing the network SP2? It may be bigger, but what would the differences between this one, and the single computer version? (Other than support to mirror or push SP out).

Has anyone installed this one?
Sounds like the same deal SP1 was. You could either run the express installation from windows update or whatever or just download the "Network install" version and run that from your computer. I don't think there is anything different with this one, of course aI could be mistaken. Either way I just downloaded it and I'll probably try it out later, that or just slipstream it and keep it for the next install.

I just finished downloading it. Nothing really valuable, info wise on my computer, so I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.

I think i'll throw it on one of my machines, really have nothing of value i can't live without. I think i'll ghost it just to be on the safe side.

Does it matter that you use the "Network Install" version, or will it be essentially the same as the one out within the next few days on Windows Update? I've had SP1 slipstreamed since it came out and can't remember what the difference was on SP1. Thanks.

Scythe said:
but what would the differences between this one, and the single computer version?

non AFAIK. one is just slipstreamed, the other downloaded entirely so you can install it on multiple computers and don't need to wast a bunch of bandwidth downloading it on each machine.

Ok, it's installed.

The only problem I had was with Nero, but that was a known and there's an update for that.

The games I play work fine.

Other apps are having no problems with it.

Not sure how performance is, but things do "seem" to be moving faster.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Now I'm stuck with this security alerts shield thingy sucking up resources and not able to get rid of in my active tasks down by the time clock.

Also, the messenger beast hath returned. Had to go back and rename the folder once again to XMessenger to prevent it from loading when anything Macroshaft made loaded.

Also fubared my hacked UxThemes.dll, my beautiful themes no longer work and I'm stuck on default green and blew XP default.

Komataguri said:
Now I'm stuck with this security alerts shield thingy sucking up resources and not able to get rid of in my active tasks down by the time clock.
Is it complaining about AU, AV, or firewall?

Komataguri said:
Also, the messenger beast hath returned. Had to go back and rename the folder once again to XMessenger to prevent it from loading when anything Macroshaft made loaded.
Rename your folder back to the way it should be
Start, run, "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove" (no quotes, of course)
Poof, gone forever :)

Komataguri said:
Also fubared my hacked UxThemes.dll, my beautiful themes no longer work and I'm stuck on default green and blew XP default.
http://vortex2050.dyndns.org:8080/repository/Patches/Uxtheme/Windows XP/SP2/

i installed it also. Everything seems to work the same. Although, I did notice there was some latency while accessing my Win XP media center edition over a Wireless B network; it wasn't as quick as it used to be. SP2 seems to do things a bit differently.

sarcastic6 said:
Is it complaining about AU, AV, or firewall?

All three, infact

sarcastic6 said:
Rename your folder back to the way it should be
Start, run, "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove" (no quotes, of course)
Poof, gone forever :)

You are god.

sarcastic6 said:
Sweet deal.

How about posting all this in the thread I made?

I put it out there for like a central point for stuff like this to be found

Thanks again :D

Also seems to have messed up several of my games, Namely my Dawn of War beta.

NOOOOOOOOO

I can't live without my Avatar of Khaine!

1. Someone could look your name up, get your name address, phone number, etc.

2. Your product key could be stolen

I'm just recommending it to you

that number is just an install id, not a cd key for windows, and if anyone wants my number or address they can have it :)

Got mine installed...the firewall is retarded. At least nothing is crashing.

Back