Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
This thread is to harbor discussion on the Xbox Live Arcade titles and to discuss future titles, release dates, etc.

Wonder why we are not getting anything this week. I know there have got to be plenty of titles in the cert process, come on Microsoft.

Yeah Worms would be nice, but I am patiently *twitches* waiting on Castlevania!

Worms and Castlevania are great, but what I really want is to break 500k in Geometry Wars...

i want boom boom rocket:mad:

anyone have a release date, or even better, a gameplay video of it?:D

I WANT MY ADD-ONS FOR MARBLE BLAST ULTRA!!!!!

You promised them to us months ago Steve!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH :(

But seriously...I want new levels, and a multiplayer "race" mode where you play the single player levels against opponents and see who can complete them first.

I'm waiting for Castlevania as well...I can't spend any MS points until I see how much it costs!

I WANT MY ADD-ONS FOR MARBLE BLAST ULTRA!!!!!

You promised them to us months ago Steve!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH :(

But seriously...I want new levels, and a multiplayer "race" mode where you play the single player levels against opponents and see who can complete them first.

I don't even have marble blast ultra and that sounds darn cool...I'd buy it if it had this option...it's been a title I've considered buying several times, but never had that must buy push.

It appears we aren't getting anything again this week :(

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/02/20/xbox-live-arcade-for-the-week-of-2-19.aspx

I'm disappointed in the most of the live titles.

My wish list includes classics like pitfall, enduro, maze craze, rampart, scorched earth, double dragon, Tyrian, super off road, rise of the triad, carmageddon, GTA, GTAII, Doom2, . etc etc etc.

Castlevania's the one I want. Street Fighter 2 HF's the one I play most, though. For a while I was ranked really high (top 200), but when they reset the rankings last fall I haven't bothered to play more than 1-2 ranked matches.
In terms of games I'm hoping for, Double Dragon, Bad Dudes, Heavy Barrel, and Cadash are the one's I'd want.

360voice shows SF2 as my most played game period. Sad when a game that old outplays any other game on the 360 by a long shot.

Looking forward to Castle Crashers, Worms, Castlevania SOTN, and Alien Homonid.

Looking forward to Castle Crashers, Worms, Castlevania SOTN, and Alien Homonid.

edit. Anyone who hasn't played Outpost Kaloki X, needs to. I bought this game yesterday, best purchase yet for XBLA. Heavy Weapon comes 2nd.

360voice shows SF2 as my most played game period. Sad when a game that old outplays any other game on the 360 by a long shot.

It's been mine (by FAR), too. I think the thing about that game is that it's timeless and Xbox Live is honestly a great replacement for the arcade experience.
I've probably played SF2 five times more than any other game except maybe Oblivion.

My primary complaint is the slow release speed of games. I don't really care what the problem is at this point - they need to switch from marketing mode to business mode, and just act as a simple distribution channel - none of this "XBLA Wednesdays" stuff. Release it when it's ready - not sooner, not later. There's no retail game drought anymore, which was what exacberated the XBLA drought at the beginning of last year.

i think that's the thing - at least what MS is leading us to believe....

These games aren't passing certification. They may be lined up, but they have to be good enough to get through certification.

Back