OK time for my next Noob HTPC software question

scoobert

Limp Gawd
Following the last advice I purchased ANYDVDHD (wow has that gone up) also donated and downloaded my movies. Now I am on to what player is better?
Power DVD Ultra or Total media? I tried MPC and really didn't like it that much. After something that integrates good with mce.
My wife has always been used to the powerdvd and really prefers to just hit a button or 2 on the remote. So please no suggestions for multiple programs that need to be launched just to watch a movie.

The system runs on Win7 beta MCE. Never ran an MCE before but I sure like this one :) Nice and easy for the wife :)

Thanks guys
Scoob

Also as a side note. Now that I have anydvd hd. What format should I be converting the blue ray rip into as far as quality and ease of use (as in mce accessing the format) for storing on the hdd?

Total Media Theatre does not work with Windows 7 last time I checked. The best alternative i've had the BEST luck with is Power DVD 7.3 Ultra, however, I still have a collection of HD-DVD's.

If you're looking for a solution to launch within Windows 7 Media Center then you'll have no choice than to have multiple software packages launch PowerDVD like a combination of My Movies and PowerDVD.

Unfortunately, in the age of HD, there is STILL no software that fully integrates with Media Center..which is a damn shame.

It's obvious Microsoft's intentions are for the Custom OEM market like Lifeware..Niveus..etc. and I truely believe that you'll see the same integration of HD playback for OEM's only much like the dreaded TV Pack was.

Total Media Theatre does not work with Windows 7 last time I checked. The best alternative i've had the BEST luck with is Power DVD 7.3 Ultra, however, I still have a collection of HD-DVD's.

If you're looking for a solution to launch within Windows 7 Media Center then you'll have no choice than to have multiple software packages launch PowerDVD like a combination of My Movies and PowerDVD.

Unfortunately, in the age of HD, there is STILL no software that fully integrates with Media Center..which is a damn shame.

It's obvious Microsoft's intentions are for the Custom OEM market like Lifeware..Niveus..etc. and I truely believe that you'll see the same integration of HD playback for OEM's only much like the dreaded TV Pack was.

tmt integrates into media center and new powerdvd will also when that comes out

tmt integrates into media center and new powerdvd will also when that comes out

1. Since when does TMT integrate and WORK with Windows 7 or any version for that matter? TMT does not truely integrate, it minimizes Media Center and launches the application. Also, last time I checked TMT didn't even work with Windows 7 or Vista SP2 for that matter.
2. He's looking for a solution now..and when there is a true HD player INTEGRATED in Windows that is AVAILABLE..then i'll shut up.

well powerdvd9 will be out in march and u will be able to play bluray inside media center now.
powerdvd works in win7

If that is the case I am glad I didnt buy version8 cyberlink rapes people with those upgrade fees.
You would think that if a paying customer just bought version 8 last week for 49.95 and wants to upgrade to ultra they would cut you some slack. But no, they want another 89.00 to go to ultra. Oh you want to go to 9 now, for the stuff we should have put in version 8. Why do you think we didnt put it in there, another 89 dollars please. I never noticed how bad they shaft people like that before until I started looking into buying it.

well powerdvd9 will be out in march and u will be able to play bluray inside media center now.
powerdvd works in win7

Read my original post...I suggested PowerDVD and MyMovies again..he was asking for something that works now and that didn't require OTHER software which nothing does at the moment with Windows 7.

Read my original post...I suggested PowerDVD and MyMovies again..he was asking for something that works now and that didn't require OTHER software which nothing does at the moment with Windows 7.

I believe the win7 is my downfall. But one I will have to suffer through. The only OS I can run (that I own) is a spare copy of XP Pro (OEM, does not come w/mce), a copy of xp home or win7.
I dont think it would make much sense for me to buy either MCE 2005 or Windows ME-2 (vista) right now. Since either would mean an upgrade once the new one comes out, because even the free one is pretty nice.

My wife has always been used to the powerdvd and really prefers to just hit a button or 2 on the remote. So please no suggestions for multiple programs that need to be launched just to watch a movie.
Sorry. Blu ray isn't supported natively in VMC (or Win 7) so the only option you have is get two apps and have VMC launch it. There is no native support for Blu ray.

Back