One of the greatest games of all time - Omikron: the Nomad Soul - is now on Steam

Thank you. It was my favourite game when it was launched, but I lost the discs. Great concept, excellent graphics and the music, I was searching for all the concerts I could find :)

Too bad they cancelled sequel, this concept, paired with modern graphics would be rocking.

Minimum:
Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card with 1 GB of RAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

No one could play this in 1999 baha.

Wow that's a crazy requirement for a 1999 game.

Looks interesting i may checked it out.

Fun game. A bit over ambitious in places, but a bold and unique experience.

Interestingly enough the old demo for the game is still out there.

Oh yeah... I forgot that H readers can't read:

http://www.gog.com/game/omikron_the_nomad_soul#reviews=2

The majority of reviews are positive.

You can not cherry pick a few bad scores and say "but the game didn't get that great of reviews" when the majority in fact DId give it great reviews.

Omikron is a great game, it does have a few quirks but all in all it's a memorable and enjoyable game.

Also David Bowie >. (He's helped give input on story and also plays a couple characters in the game on top of making some of the music for the game).

I've never played this game (and probably won't), but you do realize out of 275 reviews it averaged 4.5/5? Also received an 8.9/10 on metacritic from 17 reviews.

But clearly people can't read.

Clearly they can neither read, count reviews nor apply critical thinking. I counted 2 user reviews and zero independent reviews. Only Enron accountants know how you came up with "17". :

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/omikron-the-nomad-soul

A big chunk of GOG.com reviews are rose-tinted retrospectives, rather than replay, re-reviews.

This game barely registers on Wikipedia.

Clearly they can neither read, count reviews nor apply critical thinking. I counted 2 user reviews and zero independent reviews. Only Enron accountants know how you came up with "17". :

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/omikron-the-nomad-soul

A big chunk of GOG.com reviews are rose-tinted retrospectives, rather than replay, re-reviews.

This game barely registers on Wikipedia.

You mean they didn't review this game on metacritic before metacritic was invented? How odd.

Adding all reviews up, including the ones done by magazines at the time, gets you about a 7.5/10. Good score, not great.

You mean they didn't review this game on metacritic before metacritic was invented? How odd.

Adding all reviews up, including the ones done by magazines at the time, gets you about a 7.5/10. Good score, not great.
Not to mention that a 7.5 back then was before the review inflation hit. Probably be a 9.0-9.2 adjusted for today's standards.

Not to mention that a 7.5 back then was before the review inflation hit. Probably be a 9.0-9.2 adjusted for today's standards.

LOL, remember when bad games got a 3 out of 10, and average ones were 5-7.5 out of 10.
Now a shit game gets a 7, a bleh game gets in the 8's and good games get in the 9's. and 10 is reserved pretty much anything a touch better that good.:eek:

Great game...for its time. Really thought WOW...a must play for anyone who can go back in time and give a heads up to their former self.

Prompted me to go back and find the Nomad Soul song or whatever it was called...best David Bowie song ever...not saying much in my opp, but good song.

Great game...for its time. Really thought WOW...a must play for anyone who can go back in time and give a heads up to their former self.

Prompted me to go back and find the Nomad Soul song or whatever it was called...best David Bowie song ever...not saying much in my opp, but good song.

ok...song is "New Angels of Promise"

I never use cloud or steam bs and guess what bit torrent has had it up for download a long time now lol

Yea, I used to use 7.5 for my cutoff point. Anything below that and I likely wouldn't buy it. Sometimes I would, if it was the right genre or if I had extra cash. You were likely to get a pretty damn good game if it was 7.5 or above.

Sadly, the transition to 3D models was probably the ugliest art transition in the history of gaming. Not many will try tis game for the first time, due to graphics. It has a unique artstyle that offsets the 3D transition, but it still is a bit rough on the eyes.

The game itself is rather unique. Worth the experience if you like that they tried something different.

I never use cloud or steam bs and guess what bit torrent has had it up for download a long time now lol

Good Show... Good Show (if the internet had sound, you'd hear my clapping for you)..

you've single handed showed the internet the "Whats Up" with your elite pirating skills..

Back