Onkyo HT-RC160 with Wii

carl67lp

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought a HTIB that included the Onkyo HT-RC160 (very similar to the 707, I believe). Anyhow, I've got HDMI running from the receiver to my TV, and into the receiver--all via HDMI--are a Blu-Ray player, Xbox 360, Apple TV, and DirecTV receiver.

Now, though, I want to hook up the Wii...which as we all know, only does composite or component. I have the component cables, and would like to make use of the upscaling features of the Onkyo.

Thus, I've plugged the component video cables into the Component In 2 (CBL/SAT) jacks, and the audio cables into the corresponding RCA CBL/SAT jacks. I then assigned the AUX mode to use Component In 2 as the source.

I have video, but no audio.

Obviously I'm going wrong somewhere. Since I've already got an HDMI source for each of DVD/BD (Blu-Ray), VCR/DVR (Apple TV), CBL/SAT (DirecTV), and GAME (Xbox 360), I didn't want to use one of those inputs...but CBL/SAT was the only Component I saw as usable.

What gives? The manual suggests plugging the audio instead into GAME, but wouldn't that then conflict with the Xbox 360?

Help!

Back