3 x eD[c]6 Pair (eD[c]6) = $2,175.00

Compression Driver Upgrade DE250
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $2,655.00
United Parcel Service (1 x 0lbs) (FREE Ground Shipping): $1.00
Discount Coupons:cin: -$319.50
Total: $2,335.50

:D

Should go nicely with the JVC RS45 projector on order. I'm pumped, been wanting to do this for years.

Have you set up room treatments? I'd like to hear your impressions on the cinema series once you're set up. Interesting they went with a WTW design for their center.

Hey, you actually responded to my subwoofer thread over on AVS forums!

The room is actually in the final stages of construction. If everything goes right (will be a miracle) it should be done by thanksgiving.

And actually, what do you think of two Epik Empires at $1500 vs one HSU ULS-15 for $1000?

Are the Empires significantly better?

And what about the dual empires vs. a subversive hp?

How big of a space do you have? In terms of raw output and sound quality, the Submersive HP doesn't have much in the way of competition, aside from JTR Capitvator Pro with a very high wattage rack amp.

A Submersive HP is going to give you quite a bit more output and sound quality than a pair of Empires. The ULS-15 would not match the Empirex2 in output, but overall sound quality will likely be better. A better comparison would be a pair of ULS-15 vs. the Empires. The Hsu sub has a better driver and better extension to 15hz and below, depending on the room. See the anechoic response on the ULS-15 is 15hz +- 1db vs the 20hz +- 3.5db on the Empires.

Having spent time with Hsu subs, I tend to lean that direction, but since this seems to be a home theater application, why not look into a pair of VTF-15H? Running 1 port open in max extension mode is going to offer some serious output for HT.

Though, if your budget allows a Seaton Submesive HP, this is pretty much the king sub outside of DIY in that price range.

Is that the same company that craigsub started?

If so, WTF is the whole deal behind that? When I was really into the forums a few years ago craigsub was considered a God. Then I guess there was some kind of controversy?

Yea, Craigsub = CHT. His subs test very well, just lack the aesthetics of the ones we spoke about in this thread.

Back