Open Box LCD's @ Newegg { 8^D

tomana

<----- Likes the Cock
I've been watching the Newegg open box LCD's for about a week or two and finally
bought one yesterday

Asus VE228H 21.5" HD LED LCD Monitor

ASCR 10,000,000:1
response time : 5ms
native resolution : 1920 x 1080
Brightness : 250 cd/m2
Panel : TFT LCD
Full HD with HDMI

Got it for $88 shipped, sells new after rebate for $144 and normally sells for $190
It's labelled " Customer Choice Award Winner " and, unlike almost all other monitors
I've been viewing, this one has a 5 star rating (235 reviews) ... they say don't go by the
reviews but I believe these reviews can be a good indicator when there's hundreds of
reviews on the item and the item is still rated 5 stars once the smoke clears

For $88 shipped 3 day UPS I haven't found a better deal anywhere online

This Asus is no longer open box but they have others and will/may post more

If you're shopping for a LCD monitor, keep an eye on the Newegg open box/LCD page

Where's the deal + link? None for the rest of us?

Belongs in discussions.

You don't have it yet. Don't know if it was damaged or what. Wait to sing the praises of the open box deal until after you actually get said open box.

You don't have it yet. Don't know if it was damaged or what. Wait to sing the praises of the open box deal until after you actually get said open box.
Not to mention how many dead pixels that newegg will not exchange it for.

Newegg Open Box items are also something we are all well aware of, but don't like to advertise, who needs the extra attention/competition?

My open box monitor came with 2 stuck pixels (1 blue and 1 red) and 1 dead one.

The 21.5" Hanspree open box monitor I bought from this thread, was like a brand new monitor. No dead pixels, all accessories included. Very nice deal.

The 21.5" Hanspree open box monitor I bought from this thread, was like a brand new monitor. No dead pixels, all accessories included. Very nice deal.

I need to leran how to say things that way ... simple, straight forward and too the point

Last edited:
I buy open box all the time, but buying an open box monitor seems unwise. Dead pixel city.

I buy open box all the time, but buying an open box monitor seems unwise. Dead pixel city.

Techdude01 bought an open box LCD at Newegg & said it turned out quite well

As far as loosing on return shipping is concerned, many online places do not cover return
shipping even if the item is New defective from stock - but in the past Newegg has { 8^ D

buying a New product is no guarantee it will work out of the box, has the same
risk of loosing on return shipping, others buy open box LCD's and post that they
work well (no or 1-2 dead pixels)

If an open box or used item has a manufacturer warranty that is not
Original Buyer Only (MSI, Gigabyte and Asus go by date code, not
buyer history) then it's safe to buy open box or on ebay

Last edited:
I've actually been running an open box mobo for the past 2 1/2 years.

My last open box motherboard was DOA, and the mouse had a broken scroll wheel. I rma'd the mouse for $5 and ended up with a $100 mouse for $50 though. I can't really complain about that.

Best place for open box deals is Amazon. I've had a LOT of bad experiences with open box Newegg items

Best place for open box deals is Amazon. I've had a LOT of bad experiences with open box Newegg items

I've only bought one open box item from newegg, it was an asrock mobo. Came with everything except I/O shield, got that for $5 from asrock. Everything works fine on it except the remote which is why I'm guessing it got sent back, but I got it for 60% off it's sale price on newegg so I was fine with that.

Back