Opera 9 and Newegg - not compatible?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
I downloaded the new Opera 9 to see how great it was compared to the version that I was running on previously, that being 8.51 I think. i like it thus far except for the apparent problem in the subject. To be more specific, it just hangs, like it wants to load.

I just loaded Newegg.com just fine in Firefox and IE. Is there something wrong with my install of Opera, or is it something with the Egg?

And if it's something with Opera, is there any way I can use the old way of having Opera identify itself as Firefox or IE? I know there used to be an option for it (under Tools if I recall correctly) but now I can't find that option anywhere and I can't find any documentation on how to do that in Opera 9.

Edit: nevermind. It's...working now....and...I have no idea why.

-insert long stream of obscenities here-

I stand corrected. It's not working again. It just hangs like before. But IE and Firefox work just fine.

Using Opera 9.. Newegg's page loaded up just fine. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

I ordered a mb and 160 gig hd to build a p4ht system I had parts lying around for using 9. No issues.

Well I redownloaded Opera from the main page and tried it again. I just reinstalled over the current installation rather than uninstall then reinstall a clean one. Newegg seems to work but I don't know for how long. And to top that off it seems a little on the slow side in getting through, but that could be anything due to the shoddy as hell DSL line I'm on at the moment.

Edit: And of course....it starts picking up again after I post the issue. :rolleyes:

I was just thinking about posting about this myself. I have been having this problem recently with firefox. Newegg loads to about 90% but never finishes. Last i checked i worked fine on my home computer though... Perhaps its a newegg issue?

I'm thinking so.

I just reinstalled Opera 9 again. I uninstalled, deleted the Opera directory, and even ran RegScrubXP and CCleaner to get rid of any funk in the registry related to Opera.

It hangs and doesn't even load for Newegg. And I know it can't be my hosts file because Firefox and IE access it fine still.

I think i'm going to go back to 8.51 because this is ridiculous.

SamuraiInBlack said:
It hangs and doesn't even load for Newegg. And I know it can't be my hosts file because Firefox and IE access it fine still.

It works fine for me, but...

What's your global cookie setting set to?
Do you have a site preference set up for newegg.com and if so, what's the cookie setting for it set to?
Does it help if you disable tls 1.1 under security?
Does it help if you disable plug-ins?
Running through a proxy?
At what point does it hang? At a certain picture?
Did you accidently block newegg? Check urlfilter.ini in your Opera profile directory.

Shadow2531 said:
It works fine for me, but...

What's your global cookie setting set to?
Do you have a site preference set up for newegg.com and if so, what's the cookie setting for it set to?
Does it help if you disable tls 1.1 under security?
Does it help if you disable plug-ins?
Running through a proxy?
At what point does it hang? At a certain picture?
Did you accidently block newegg? Check urlfilter.ini in your Opera profile directory.
Down the line:
All cookies are set to accept.
No site preference setting.
No it doesn't help
No plugins are running that I'm aware of
No proxy.
It hangs right when I enter the url www.newegg.com. As in the page itself doesn't load. What it will do is on occasion it will kick off and work, but even if i leave it up for awhile it will stop working at seemingly different intervals.
I haven't set any sites for blockage in Opera.

Ive noticed a slowdown in newegg lately.

I us FF and it seems to take forever to load now a days....

iownyou14 said:
well, www.newegg.com in firefox does not work for me, however newegg.com (without the www.) works. And both work in IE. What is going on here.

Same for me! Thats down right mysterious.

edit: Still freezes if you click a link: it loads www.newegg...... For me, it halts on "Waiting for images10.newegg.com"

I tried putting in the address minus the www. and it worked

I've no idea what's going on here. All I know is it works in Firefox and IE for me so it's not my connection. At least maybe not entirely if it is.

Back