Opinion on this LCD vs the Westinghouse?

FatboyIKE

n00b
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4529477

The 37" Westinghouse sure is nice, but it's a little bigger than I can do and pricier, so I'm looking for alternatives and ran across this one. Do you think this is comparable?

Thanks.

ilo 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV w/ Built-in Digital Tuner

Screen Size: 32 inch
Aspect Ratio: 16:9; widescreen format shows movies the way the director intended, and makes all sports more exciting
Display Type: LCD
Slender, light LCD panel is easily wall-mounted as a space-saving option
HDTV Built-In: Yes (ATSC-T); no need for a separate set-top box to decode HD (high definition) broadcast signals
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Contrast Ratio: 800:1
Brightness: 500 cd/m2
HDMI Input: Yes
S-Video Input
DVI Input
Component Video Input for the best possible picture
PC Input: Yes
RF Antenna Input: Yes
A/V Output: Audio Output
Watts per Channel: 8W X 2
Speakers: 2
Simulated Surround: Yes
Channel Labeling: Auto
Language Options: English, French, and Spanish
V-Chip: Yes
HD Progressive Scan: Yes
Wall Mountable: Yes (VESA)

The reason why the Westy is a good monitor is simply for the resolution. It supports 1080p, 1920x1080, where as the monitor you have here is only 1366x768. Most people simply couldn't tolerate desktop use or gaming at that resolution, as it's even less pixels than the standard 1280x1024. If you're going to pay money for a monitor that big, you might as well try to get one with 1080p capability. The Westy just happens to be a convergence of everything that you would want in a computer monitor compared to other brands.

have to agree , as long as the resolution is 1080 (1920x1080) then its probably good compared to the Westy...

Ok thanks, makes sense. I definitely don't want to sacrifice my pc gaming at a lower resolution. I see why this westinghouse is getting so much sttention. man I wish they made a 30 or 32 inch version. The 37 seems so darn big for a desk.

FatboyIKE said:
Ok thanks, makes sense. I definitely don't want to sacrifice my pc gaming at a lower resolution. I see why this westinghouse is getting so much sttention. man I wish they made a 30 or 32 inch version. The 37 seems so darn big for a desk.

11 years ago, 15in CRT you will think 20" CRT is huge for that time
7 Years ago, 17in CRT WOW LCD is so thin!!! you migh dont care and get smaller LCD. since you just want one
4 years ago, 15in LCD WTF 19in and had nice color !!!
2 years ago, 19in LCD i am very tired on my 19in, it is so small to watch movie
1 years ago, 23 in LCD Well it is not a HD really

it is just a make up story. after one or two year, will be just a cup of cake to get 32in

FatboyIKE said:
Not only are most desks too small for a 37"....it would also be way too close even sitting on the back edge of a large desk. The only way I could see myself using a 37" as a monitor is if I could have my desk about 2 feet from the wall and the monitor itself mounted on the wall which would give me just under 5 feet of distance sitting in my chair. As for the post above ^^ it's not about the 37 inches being too large...it's about the distance between your face and the screen. I have a 42" plasma and it looks much better at 8 feet than sitting right in front of the screen.

Back